Ram air actuators work!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
A few months ago I found a set of Scott Drake ram air actuators.  As they were a BIN on fleabay I did not take time to ask here if they were any good (Scott Drake stuff is not, well lets say, praised very much).   I finally got the underside of my hood painted and installed and today put back the ram air system.  Starting the car I did not expect them to work (see above Scott Drake comment) but THEY WORK!!!  I do not see these offered anywhere so I assume they were discontinued by S Drake?

s-l1600.jpg

Yeah and back in the 70's they went out of the Canadian Fram factory for 25 cents apiece, the going price for Vacuum Motors back then. Bet you paid a tad more than that eh!

Glad they work for you and now you have a functioning ram air system.

Unbelievable! 

Boy, do I wish I'd grabbed a couple boxes of vacuum motor parts when they were just chucking them out as obsolete. There was a lot of stuff I could tell about the days when air cleaner assemblies went to plastic and ALL the old parts and tooling got either sold for scrap or in some cases, to reproduction companies that were starting up. Now we have to pay a fortune for that "stuff", it's mind blowing.

Oh I was the same way. We made all of Fords Aluminum grills until they went to plastic. They crushed hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of grills and other aluminum trim while I worked for them. They would not let me get them. I was sick. I have a few blue prints of trim for Ford and Chrysler we were a huge supplier of trim to them back then. They trashed all the prints one weekend and I did not know. Drawings back to the 1930's went to the landfill. We were Firestone in the past and changed names in the 60's.

Back