Little request to make a European guy happy!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande 351C
71 Mach 1 429CJ
Could someone on the other side of the pond find/buy me a few screws for the power windows bezels of a 73 and put them in an envelop?

I have been with the only correct one I have to shops dealing in "special" hardware, and while I've found other hard to find screws here, like the flat short "truss" ones needed for the rail roof and few others we don't see much here, none of the shop was able to provide me the right thread, even with other heads or length for the bezels ones.

Even used ones are welcome, I need at least 3. I would hate to set back the ones used before that were some kind of m4 soft metal screwed in with some force.

I'll pay for beer and the costs of course ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bkdunha's hardware list says they are 8-32x9/16 screws

https://7173mustangs.com/forums/topic/23685-71-73-hardware-information/?tab=comments#comment-242570

But then it says special, so don't know if that is the screw head or ?? I don't have power windows, so nothing to look at, NPD doesn't show them.
Don

I've checked Bkdunha's list too, but as Fabrice tells that he has one screw and needs 3 more, I skipped to the next line, where 4 screws are told to be needed.

Maybe Fabrice can help us out of the dark with a picture of the one screw he knows is correct.

Frank

The power window switch bezels are sourced from the '73 Gran Torino so the screws are the same on the '73 Mustang.
The screws are 8-15 X 1 1/2". The Ford part# is 52388-S13, and the S13 finish code is chrome. The description above the illustration identifies the type of screw used. Did not check the AMK site to see if the discontinued Ford # would cross, but would probably be cheaper at a hardware store.

screw.jpg

geez this post editor is [badword]! Why is third image small??

Anyway, this is the screw I have.
To make things clear;

- I need 4 as the one I have has seen better days. They are the same for the 3 small bezels
- I have no idea if this is the original one, but its length is fine, thread is fine unlike Don C's pict of a screw above, the cross/small philips head looks alright once in place, and as the hole is under the bezel, only dogs and young children could actually see its the wrong head. :)
- I may need 8 if 71 bezels use the same types, I saw my 71 miss them all (aaah the joys of cars you get in pieces)

@secluff thx... mmm looks like miles away considering the thread. The ones I have are fine thread and the plastic receiver is also a fine thread.

I have the ones you show or could find easy another variation when it comes to length but it would mean force the thread to get these in while the picts above really fit in. Could this be related to the fact that both my cars are imports?

They are 8-32x9/16" machine screws with an oval phillips head, in other words, a fine thread #8 screw, 9/16" in length, with an oval phillips head. the reason that doesn't match your 22mm length is that machine screws are measured from the bottom of the head to the end of the screw.

Don't know how costly shipping is but you may want to consider getting a complete interior screw kit from Don at OMS or one of the suppliers.  Well worth the money in my opinion.

Fabrice, I checked the early and final edition 73 MPC (Master Parts Catalog) I have and they both give the same part number on the screws. Probably a catalog error that they didn't care to correct since the Mustang II launch was all they had on their minds then. The only '73 window parts I have are the switches which wouldn't help with the screw sizes. I would use Don C's size suggestion if they match your originals.

The illustration shows the MPC number which is evidently wrong. Well...I tried.   :biggrin:

screw-1.jpg

Did you get the screws? If not I have two 1973 mustangs with P.W. I can get you the screws I know. I think same one that is in the center caps on the forged aluminum wheels. I just get SS and never have to worry about rust. Let me know I am sure I get the in a day or so local. They are for sure not a sheet metal screw but a cut thread. 

Back