Splash shields ie: mud flaps

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
My '72 came with the finest set of 1970's JC penny $3 mud flaps (splash shields) mounted on all four hoofs.  Needless to say I took them off and tossed them but soon will be turning my attention to cleaning up the body/paint.  They left 3-4 small screw holes each when removed so I am toying with the idea of either just blocking up the holes or filling them in and touch up paint.  But I wanted to see  how many, if anyone, are running current splash shields/mud flaps.  I see NPD has this set, anyone use it?  I am not a fan of the look but I have to deal with the holes one way or another.  Installing new ones would be the easy way out.  https://www.npdlink.com/product/splash-guard-plastic-set-of-4-custom-made/102546/202928

Last edited by a moderator:
ahhh.. NPD must carry them now. I couldnt find any listed with them when I was looking a few years ago. Where ever you buy them, they do look good installed and are not that noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back