Well, I see it all changed again!

Stanglover

Question

Turned on my computer this morning to be greeted with yet another change. Just when I get used to something I liked, it all changes and I have to start figuring it out again. So, why the change this time. Fonts are smaller and the layout is slightly different. I do realize this is still evolving, but to be honest I was really liking the last layout for the forum.

Just asking the question, why? And, while I'm here, the  " Remember Me" button doesn't work for me either.

Stanglover.

Ah, well IF I'd taken a look at Unread Content, I would have seen Rocketfoot's post. I'd better go read it!!

Edited by Stanglover

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

9 answers to this question

The original themes are still available in the theme chooser!  But try this new one out!  It is basically the same but adds custom 7173 graphics to the headers and other special features.  You can adjust the font right from the theme settings icon!  You'll like it, just check it out!

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, RocketFoot said:

The original themes are still available in the theme chooser!  But try this new one out!  It is basically the same but adds custom 7173 graphics to the headers and other special features.  You can adjust the font right from the theme settings icon!  You'll like it, just check it out!

Hi Rocketfoot, yes I found the font settings and made it bigger!! Old eyes and all. 

Overall I'm really liking how the new format is working now I'm getting used to it. It's all worth it in the end. 

One question; would it be or is it possible to have somewhere to "store" post or thread links for quick and easy reference? I find that if someone adds a previous post link to say, my latest thread on suspension, then later I want to refer to it, I seem to forget where it was. A separate storage bin would be a nice asset, but perhaps there already is and I don't know about it.

Thanks Barry for all your hard work on the forum, I for one, appreciate it.

Geoff.

Geoff.

Hi hear Geoff's request. The problem with following threads is that after a while you have so many threads that it becomes too much. I ended up creating a document in my computer where I save links and information. Maybe there is an option to add a private notepad or something. Then one can jot notes and keep links there.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

3 hours ago, RocketFoot said:

Thanks Geoff!

Have you tried following the threads you want to keep quick access to?  Check this tutorial out and see if that is what you need!

Thanks, I'll give that a try, but as I see Tony Muscle had the same thought, he may have an idea too. Obviously we don't want to overload the forum, but a notepad or just an empty folder would work.

Geoff.

There is a plugin I could add called Bookmarks...it allows members to bookmark and save just about anything including threads, individual posts, gallery pics....etc.  It's much more complex than a member notepad but I hate to buy it and add it if it does basically what the Follow feature does.  I am looking into the member pad but I am not sure if it exists just yet!

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Stanglover said:

Thanks, I'll give that a try, but as I see Tony Muscle had the same thought, he may have an idea too. Obviously we don't want to overload the forum, but a notepad or just an empty folder would work.

Ok guys...I added a member notepad to the profile page!  Your Notepad is private from other members but the staff is able to view them.  Here is a little tutorial I made on how to use the Notepad!  Enjoy!!!

• Like 1

spacer.png

2 hours ago, RocketFoot said:

Ok guys...I added a member notepad to the profile page!  Your Notepad is private from other members but the staff is able to view them.  Here is a little tutorial I made on how to use the Notepad!  Enjoy!!!

Thank you Thank you, That works great. I added two link I need re clutch fans as it was pretty easy to do. 

Your help on this is so very much appreciated by myself and no doubt many others. Awesome job!

Geoff.

• Fist Bump 1

Geoff.

Great add. Thank you!

• Fist Bump 1

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes