Are there any 1972 Medium Lime cars still out there?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Man

Reaction score
My Car
1972 351Q Mach
1971 302 Fastback
I had a 1972 Mach CJ in (4F) Medium Lime Metallic, I am guessing most have been painted red.... would like to find one again... only car I wish I had not sold.  Hoping to find a lingering project...

image.png

This was a nice example sold at auction last year

With 44279 fastbacks built in 72 that would make 5.8% (the color was only offered in 72).  I have been scanning the market for years and have only found maybe 20 cars in 4F that incudes all body styles.  There is a junk yard by me that has the remnants of a 4F fastback but I have been unable to get him to sell it to me.  I need to get over my originality issues and just paint one.

1972-Ford-Mustang-Mach-1-ad.jpg

Wonder what happened to the model?  If she is 20 in the picture she would be 68 now.... 

When was the last time you saw a 71,2,3 with a painted Mach hood, no stripes?  Looks OK just a lot better with stripes in my opinion...

When was the last time you saw a 71,2,3 with a painted Mach hood, no stripes?  Looks OK just a lot better with stripes in my opinion...
Every time I go into the garage. I had the striped and spoilered cars, I'm good with my plain jane. 

DSCF1352.JPG

Great looking Mach 1, it looks so clean.  Without the hockey sticks the body lines are much easier to see.   Ford had some great colors, they should bring more back.

Back