Good Day From North Texas

Hello everyone! Came across this forum last night as I was searching for some info on A/C belt routing for a 71...

Anyhow - My name is Juan. I reside in Fort Worth, TX. I am currently doing a driver restore on a 71 fastback for my son's 16th birthday coming up in a few weeks. The car is a 351C with a TKO 5 speed. I have replaced all the suspension, steering, and brakes - Added rear disks, Holley Sniper EFI and ignition, and retro'd a Classic Auto Air system replacing the old factory HVAC system. Other mods include a Rocketman's tach and retrobelts shoulder harness seat belts. Gotta keep the kiddo safe ya know! :thumb:

Other ponies in the stable include a 71 Boss 351, 70 Coupe 351/Auto, 68 S Code Fastback 427FE/TKO 5speed, 07 Shelby GT500 and a not so pony 64 Fairlane Sports Coupe in a restoration stand still...

Mustang4.jpg

Mustang2.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome aboard from League City TX.  Hope to hear more about your progress!  Nice ride!

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

Hello and welcome from SW Ontario, Canada.

Very nice car you have there and quite the "stable" as well from the descriptions.

That's quite the birthday present. 

There are many knowledgeable members here to help with any help you need. 

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Thanks Geoff! I come from a family of Ford fanatics (both of my grandfathers were engineers for Ford) and have been very fortunate to have my own dad introduce me to this addiction when I was a kid. 

• Like 1

Nice car(s). I like the '64 Sports Coupe, they are nice looking, nice ride. I'm assuming that you have upgraded the engine and transmission in it, based on your work on your other cars.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Thanks Don. The Fairlane project is at a standstill right now. Paint and body have been completed and we are determining on what direction we want to go on the powertrain. It is a 289/C4 currently. Thinking about a 5.0 Coyote or 5.4. I have always loved this Fairlane. My dad bought it back in the early 80's and it was my mom's daily driver throughout my childhood before becoming my first car. I then passed it on to my little brother. He sold it to a friends dad who started the restoration and lost interest. It came back up for sale about 2 years ago and we jumped at the chance to buy it back.

Welcome from Missouri! Sharp looking car.

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1988 Bronco II

2014 F150 Supercrew

Welcome from Ohio.  Very nice looking car.  Your son is fortuned to have a father like you.  Enjoy your time together while you can.  

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Welcome from west Michigan! 

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Welcome from UK ... and Texas is best ...don't mess with Texas. :thumb:

wizzy.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=7211]Visit My Treasure chest[/button]

Thanks for all the welcomes and kind words! 

Yes, my son is a fortunate kid and the only reason we went down this path is because he truly realizes how fortunate he is. A true rarity these days.  

I am sure glad the Holley system has a programmable rev limiter! I keep telling him I will be setting it at 3500 RPM's :classic_ohmy:

Glad I came across this site! Lot's of great info on these most great years of the Mustang. How does one become a site supporter? I looked at the "supporter" thread and the link is not found...