Good Day From North Texas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmontes

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Came across this forum last night as I was searching for some info on A/C belt routing for a 71...

Anyhow - My name is Juan. I reside in Fort Worth, TX. I am currently doing a driver restore on a 71 fastback for my son's 16th birthday coming up in a few weeks. The car is a 351C with a TKO 5 speed. I have replaced all the suspension, steering, and brakes - Added rear disks, Holley Sniper EFI and ignition, and retro'd a Classic Auto Air system replacing the old factory HVAC system. Other mods include a Rocketman's tach and retrobelts shoulder harness seat belts. Gotta keep the kiddo safe ya know!  :thumb:

Other ponies in the stable include a 71 Boss 351, 70 Coupe 351/Auto, 68 S Code Fastback 427FE/TKO 5speed, 07 Shelby GT500 and a not so pony 64 Fairlane Sports Coupe in a restoration stand still...

Mustang4.jpg

Mustang2.jpg

Thank you Sir! Can't wait to get my tach conversion and clock back from you!

Welcome aboard from League City TX.  Hope to hear more about your progress!  Nice ride!

Hello and welcome from SW Ontario, Canada.

Very nice car you have there and quite the "stable" as well from the descriptions.

That's quite the birthday present. 

There are many knowledgeable members here to help with any help you need. 

Thanks Geoff! I come from a family of Ford fanatics (both of my grandfathers were engineers for Ford) and have been very fortunate to have my own dad introduce me to this addiction when I was a kid. 

Nice car(s). I like the '64 Sports Coupe, they are nice looking, nice ride. I'm assuming that you have upgraded the engine and transmission in it, based on your work on your other cars.

Thanks Don. The Fairlane project is at a standstill right now. Paint and body have been completed and we are determining on what direction we want to go on the powertrain. It is a 289/C4 currently. Thinking about a 5.0 Coyote or 5.4. I have always loved this Fairlane. My dad bought it back in the early 80's and it was my mom's daily driver throughout my childhood before becoming my first car. I then passed it on to my little brother. He sold it to a friends dad who started the restoration and lost interest. It came back up for sale about 2 years ago and we jumped at the chance to buy it back.

Welcome from Illinois!  Very nice collection you have there.

Back