Photo Shoot

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
There's a local photographer looking to do a photo shoot next April/May for a calendar, 

Sent him a pic of Christine and he liked her. So all is looking good.

Said to me would I mind a model standing next to the car and/or draped over the hood.  

HMMM??? Not really crazy about the hood, but WTH.

Mentioned it to the Mrs. and said....YOU FLIP OUT WITH ME FOR GETTING FINGERPRINTS ON THE CAR AND NOW YOU'RE GOING TO ALLOW A MODEL LAY ON TOP OF THE HOOD.

Figured by now you realize I'm not doing the Photo shoot.

Tell the Mrs. that you are shrink wrapping or laying a clear film over the hood to protect it from fingerprings, buttprints and chestprints  :whistling:

If that doesn't work send the photographer my way.

I think a photo of a car with an attractive woman in the photo is something all men enjoy. For me though, I prefer the woman to not block the view of the car, or be lying on it. A classically beautiful woman can add a certain "class" to the image. A slutty looking woman only adds sleeze, but then, maybe sleeze is what some guys want huh?

All kidding aside, I've been involved with a couple photo shots with my cars featuring models. My first rule has always been "No one sits or perches on the car" and the 2nd, "poses in contact with the car will be talked about prior to contact to prevent scratches".

Never had any issues whatsoever since the photographer and models were professionals.  A shoot earlier this past summer with my 2019 GT convertible was quite interesting and seeing what the photographer did with the post processing of the shots was amazing.

This was a portfolio shoot and the car served as a prop / background for the model.  As a hobby photographer, it was a good opportunity to learn a few things about model and portrait photography. There are my pics of the shoot.

image.jpeg

As we began, the model told me "My boyfriend REALLY likes your car and told me I had to be really careful not to put any scratches or smudges on it!"

image.jpeg

I ended up with some really nice shots that featured the car from the photographer

The metal on our cars is really strong and can hold a model easily without bending. It all depends on how picky you are with your car but the paint won't suffer either unless she's wearing rivets or something metal that can scratch the paint.  

I mean even the fiberglass scoop held her easily. ....

IMG_7913.jpeg

IMG_7904.jpeg

Back