Big Block Bargain

mjlan

My guess is if you had a 494 Can Am car it would be a "starting place" !  Still need about $30K in parts, injector system and then a $30K Hewland !!    Old race parts are really hard to put to use as many were one off, motified by builders and /or IMPOSSIBLE to assemble because of "missing parts"

Mark

Wow. That's a lot of dough....

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

One of our members that passed on a couple years ago had a complete aluminum Boss 429. It is a vanity item now for the rich to say they have and their buddies do not have. He did the development for Ford on all of the Boss engines.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

• 1 month later...

Unless you have a Can Am chassis that had one of these in it once upon a time, I don't see the point.

SVO2CJ and Carolina Mountain Mustang are right about what motivation there might be to own these parts. BUT not just any 'ol chassis would do! 

And if you don't have THAT chassis (IF it even still exists!!) then you have $50K worth of... NOTHING unless you're willing to put another stack of cash into it. THEN what will you have? A BOSS 494 that weighs about 60 lbs. less that a regular one. And an $80 or 90K hole in your wallet. (I'd love to build it though!! Whichever one of you buys it, CALL ME!)

I guess I'm too practical and too used to being broke to see the logic in owning these parts just to own them and doing nothing with them. 

• 2 weeks later...

There are probably more rare hot parts hanging on walls and in hoards than on cars. When our generation dies out they will be worthless. Next generation wants the faster cars.

• Like 1

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

17 hours ago, Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs said:

There are probably more rare hot parts hanging on walls and in hoards than on cars. When our generation dies out they will be worthless. Next generation wants the faster cars.

This response... LOL

"Yes dear", has kept me in the hobby a long time...

• 1 month later...