Interior hood lining

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang grande
Hi my mustang is in going it’s hood lining replaced it’s been in the painters for around 6 months just wanted to let my trimmer know how the lining is held in position , only thing now sure on is above the doors does the lining go under the trim that holds the rubber ? Pics would be great if anyone has any 

Good to know. Thank you. I was trying to figure out if engine bay hoods had a liner.
 Yeah Tony, it only took me like 30 years to get used to American terminology and even more frightening, I'm now spelling in Americanese on here. I got tired of correcting every time I used a "U", neighbour , sorry, neighbor. And what colour is that car? It's color is Light Pewter ( or Blue) Get the idea! Just havin' some fun.

Yeah Tony, it only took me like 30 years to get used to American terminology and even more frightening, I'm now spelling in Americanese on here. I got tired of correcting every time I used a "U", neighbour , sorry, neighbor. And what colour is that car? It's color is Light Pewter ( or Blue) Get the idea! Just havin' some fun.
Pewter is gray here but grey in other English speaking countries.  And don't forget the spelling of aluminium...

He's from Australia, Like the UK, they have different terminology for car parts. Bonnet, Boot, Wings, Hood (roof) etc.
So I went out into the kitchen and there was my wife standing there in front of the stove with her bonnet under the hood just wearing a boot.  :whistling:  

So I went out into the kitchen and there was my wife standing there in front of the stove with her bonnet under the hood just wearing a boot.  :whistling:  
 Oh boy! We could go on for hours here. Don't forget, the "English" language has developed over a thousand years or more, evolving and changing with each generation and will continue to do so. Americanese is just another evolution, that, to be honest, actually makes more sense as spellings are phonetic. Just be grateful you speak "americanese" not (dare I say it) French or Spanish or...........

Oh boy! We could go on for hours here. Don't forget, the "English" language has developed over a thousand years or more, evolving and changing with each generation and will continue to do so. Americanese is just another evolution, that, to be honest, actually makes more sense as spellings are phonetic. Just be grateful you speak "americanese" not (dare I say it) French or Spanish or...........
Add slang and body expressions to it and it really gets complicated.   As an older person one of my generation slang saying to use when you were planning on meeting later was to say  "hook up".  To the younger generation today that means to have sex.  I still say it today and once in awhile get a funny look.  I also use the OK gesture meaning just that "Okay" but now that has been turned into a racist gesture by the new generation.  What the world has come to!

Last edited by a moderator:
Add slang and body expressions to it and it really gets complicated.   As an older person one of my generation slang saying to use when you were planning on meeting later was to say  "hook up".  To the younger generation today that means to have sex.  I still say it today and once in awhile get a funny look.  I also use the OK gesture meaning just that "Okay" but now that has been turned into a racist gesture by the new generation.  What the world has come to!
Yes indeed. Honestly, I'm kind of (kinda) glad I'm coming toward the end of my time on this screwed up planet, but I fear for my grandsons, what does the future hold for them.

Back