Jump to content

Interior hood lining


Recommended Posts

Hi my mustang is in going it’s hood lining replaced it’s been in the painters for around 6 months just wanted to let my trimmer know how the lining is held in position , only thing now sure on is above the doors does the lining go under the trim that holds the rubber ? Pics would be great if anyone has any 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Stanglover said:

He's from Australia, Like the UK, they have different terminology for car parts. Bonnet, Boot, Wings, Hood (roof) etc.

Good to know. Thank you. I was trying to figure out if engine bay hoods had a liner.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

 

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tony-muscle said:

Good to know. Thank you. I was trying to figure out if engine bay hoods had a liner.

 Yeah Tony, it only took me like 30 years to get used to American terminology and even more frightening, I'm now spelling in Americanese on here. I got tired of correcting every time I used a "U", neighbour , sorry, neighbor. And what colour is that car? It's color is Light Pewter ( or Blue) Get the idea! Just havin' some fun.

 

  • LOL 1

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Stanglover said:

 Yeah Tony, it only took me like 30 years to get used to American terminology and even more frightening, I'm now spelling in Americanese on here. I got tired of correcting every time I used a "U", neighbour , sorry, neighbor. And what colour is that car? It's color is Light Pewter ( or Blue) Get the idea! Just havin' some fun.

 

Pewter is gray here but grey in other English speaking countries.  And don't forget the spelling of aluminium...

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

cactus.jpg.92e5d9d8700abc0ed60c8ccb3426248e.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Stanglover said:

He's from Australia, Like the UK, they have different terminology for car parts. Bonnet, Boot, Wings, Hood (roof) etc.

So I went out into the kitchen and there was my wife standing there in front of the stove with her bonnet under the hood just wearing a boot.  :whistling: 

Kilgon

 

 

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kilgon said:

So I went out into the kitchen and there was my wife standing there in front of the stove with her bonnet under the hood just wearing a boot.  :whistling: 

 Oh boy! We could go on for hours here. Don't forget, the "English" language has developed over a thousand years or more, evolving and changing with each generation and will continue to do so. Americanese is just another evolution, that, to be honest, actually makes more sense as spellings are phonetic. Just be grateful you speak "americanese" not (dare I say it) French or Spanish or...........

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stanglover said:

 Oh boy! We could go on for hours here. Don't forget, the "English" language has developed over a thousand years or more, evolving and changing with each generation and will continue to do so. Americanese is just another evolution, that, to be honest, actually makes more sense as spellings are phonetic. Just be grateful you speak "americanese" not (dare I say it) French or Spanish or...........

Add slang and body expressions to it and it really gets complicated.   As an older person one of my generation slang saying to use when you were planning on meeting later was to say  "hook up".  To the younger generation today that means to have sex.  I still say it today and once in awhile get a funny look.  I also use the OK gesture meaning just that "Okay" but now that has been turned into a racist gesture by the new generation.  What the world has come to!

Edited by Kilgon

Kilgon

 

 

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kilgon said:

Add slang and body expressions to it and it really gets complicated.   As an older person one of my generation slang saying to use when you were planning on meeting later was to say  "hook up".  To the younger generation today that means to have sex.  I still say it today and once in awhile get a funny look.  I also use the OK gesture meaning just that "Okay" but now that has been turned into a racist gesture by the new generation.  What the world has come to!

Yes indeed. Honestly, I'm kind of (kinda) glad I'm coming toward the end of my time on this screwed up planet, but I fear for my grandsons, what does the future hold for them.

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...