Throw up a couple panels for inspiration

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
429CJ, 4 Speed, 3.25 Traction Lock N case, A/C, P/W, tilt, fold down seats, int. wipers, deluxe interior.
Decided to just do a quick mock up so I can see. Glad I did, I couldn’t stop smiling. 
I have a long ways to go before I can put these on for real, but this sure felt good.

11B89AA8-1233-4E4F-ACDE-EC1501ED874E.jpeg

BD085177-5A05-45D5-812C-9CE3655064BE.jpeg

2A3DC6B1-6A02-4528-8C16-C6402CB8F6E5.jpeg

7FB8D151-72BF-4F5E-99EB-3C9EAA550145.jpeg

Looking good.  Now would be a good time to start aligning them.  You can drill a small hole between the panels and frame to use for alignment purposes when reassembling.  Do for the hood, hood hinges, fenders, trunk and door hinges.  Will save you from a lot of paint chips later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good.  Now would be a good time to start aligning them.  You can drill a small hole between the panels and frame to use for alignment purposes when reassembling.  Do for the hood, hood hinges, fenders, trunk and door hinges.  Will save you from a lot of paint chips later on.
 Yes!!! Exactly! I now know that tip and am excited to get stuff all aligned and marked. That’s my plan! 
also was neat to see how it all goes together. When I got it, the front grill and bumper weren’t on and things were barely held together so it was nice to get an idea of how it al worked 

The smile on your face says it all. I can't wait to see how big that smile will be when it's done and you're driving it.

Keep up the great work.
My wife was just getting a kick out of how happy I was. She was there last night watching me look like a kid in a candy store 

When you are out driving it around for the first time, Put your head out the window, floor the gas pedal, and as you smoke the tires laying down two streaks of tire marks, smile and scream like a banshee. HELL YEAH!!!!

Back