• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for driver's side vent cable

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Grande
Anybody have a driver's side vent push/pull cable they're looking to get rid of?

The pot metal connector on the end of mine has more or less disintegrated.

There is one listed on the West Coast Classic Cougars site but the end looks different

Mike

ventCableEnd.png

Thanks for the reply.

That looks like it but yours doesn't have the piece that mounts the cable to the vent housing circled in red in my pict. That's what's broken. The cable itself is ok. Maybe the broken piece comes off of the cable and can be replaced separately?  I'll try to get a better shot of it.

Thanks again,

Mike

Ok, I pulled the cable (should have done that first). The broken piece is at the right side of the picture. I can't tell if yours has that or not. It's plastic, I thought it was metal before I removed it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to come off of the cable. 

20201107_134040.jpg

Ok, I pulled the cable (should have done that first). The broken piece is at the right side of the picture. I can't tell if yours has that or not. It's plastic, I thought it was metal before I removed it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to come off of the cable. 
Mine is missing that plastic piece also.   That holds it tighter to the vent.  

Wow! Thanks for looking, but I "engineered" one using a coax cable mount that Spectrum graciously screwed to my house. I had to do some modifications to the remaining plastic with a dremel but it works pretty well.

Thanks again. I know it's not fun pulling that thing out.

Mike

Back