Broken right panel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean-Pierre

Reaction score
My Car
Ford Mustang Fastback 73 351C
Hello,

This morning, I brake the interior panel based at the right side of the windshield (look the picture).

Somebody can help me to find one, please ?

I'm in France and here, It will be very complicated... 

montant interieur mach 73.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you glue it back together ?

Those are hard to find in good condition and expensive

If you cannot fix yours I think I have some

I glued it back. The result is not too bad but not perfect. It's broken the full lenght and completely at the bottom. That's 3 pieces. I would prefer to get 1 whole. How much are you doing?...

Assuming yours is a fastback make sure you get the correct one, part number starts with 63, the coupe was 65, below also is a link to an eBay one, it shows the part number that you are looking for.  The one one ebay is, gulp, almost $200 shipped.  If you don't find one watch ebay, you never know.  I was lucky to pick up a set for $100 total with on one small piece needing repair just 2 months ago.    These are hard to find and brittle as you now know.  I glued my broken piece back together, put a epoxy backing on the mend (inside) and used SEM black coating texture coating over the mend before painting it back to interior color.  Another problem you will face is shipping.  These are FRAGILE and shipping across the pond will be more stressful, it will have to be packed super well to survive.   There is one maker of these via reproduction's but word of mouth says they do not fit well at all but you never know till you try, at least they would (hopefully) not be as brittle as our 49 year old parts, that like is also below to one vendor.  Below also is a link to an ebay one, drive side unfortunately but it shows the part number that you are looking for.  Another problem is so much of the interior trim has to be very loose or removed to get these in and being brittle you cannot try to force them under other parts, dash pad may have to come out as it goes under the pad.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PL074S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233690435450?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=233690435450&targetid=935431405813&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9010858&poi=&campaignid=10897348723&mkgroupid=114065838144&rlsatarget=pla-935431405813&abcId=9300403&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAiAtK79BRAIEiwA4OskBv1KxYdwvmLLSxkM7X8OCHw1Dx8JuItPPEnYzf6ZgaR8IGqPBfHI5RoCHmUQAvD_BwE

https://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_mustang/1971-1973-mustang-fastback-interior-a-pillar-mouldings-pair.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp44-396164-1&sc_intid=44-396164-1&gclid=CjwKCAiAtK79BRAIEiwA4OskBinE9wNKvsA7uz8pLq9PX2F7ZefK-zBPssaCLkbocPvN5BwO96AVfBoCsCUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Hi,

Thank you for all this informations.  I indeed tried to take it apart and I realized that it was quite complicated.

So far, I've glued everything back together and the result is not so bad but I think I will still order the part to have it in reserve and prepare it to replace it calmly... :thumb:   

Or I have another option : Make a reproduction with a 3D printer.... :classic_rolleyes:

Hi,

Thank you for all this informations.  I indeed tried to take it apart and I realized that it was quite complicated.

So far, I've glued everything back together and the result is not so bad but I think I will still order the part to have it in reserve and prepare it to replace it calmly... :thumb:   

Or I have another option : Make a reproduction with a 3D printer.... :classic_rolleyes:
You will make a lot of money if you find a way to make a 3D printed copy !! :biggrin:

mine are also broken. I’m going to glue them and vinyl wrap them to give it more strength 

Back