One of those twilight zone moments

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I saw Fabrice post several weeks ago that he did not have the battery tray reinforcement to go under his R.H. inner fender. I had one for the build I am doing now and offered to send to him and wait for the next run to show up on Ebay. I had asked if any other items to include since post is almost the same for so little. He also needed the 8-32 screws for his power window bezels on the 73.
So I got the screws for the PW and had the reinforcement already. I packed up and thought it would be fun to send him some surprises. I have have hundreds if not thousands of Ford showroom brochures and advertising so I picked a few to include for free. Some of the screws used for the roof rails and I have cases of the disc brake lube tubes so I put a couple in.
Just by chance Fabrice failed his inspection due to disc brakes dragging too much. He cannot get that lube in the Netherlands was using something else. So just by the feeling I needed to include the lube he has what he needs to lube his disc brakes and maybe pass.
I have had several things in the past happen that just could not happen. Meeting realities on a back country trail in Alaska was another. Met my third cousin in the wilderness of the Russian Lakes trail.  One time I colored in a date on a yearly wall calendar in an office shared with three others. They ask what was going to happen and I said I have no idea I felt like I needed to color that date something would happen. It turned out to be one of the other two last day at work.
Another time we were in a meeting and I was trying to explain a die process that nobody had ever heard of. I had came up with it at my previous employer. While we are talking about it someone from shipping comes in and hands me a box. In the box were parts made from the process we were talking about. The tool shop I had doing the job thought I might like to see how it turned out. I used the process on several other parts saved thousands in tooling and material.
So if you have a feeling about doing something just do it might have a meaning down the road.

Listening to your "gut" is a real thing for me as well. It has kept me from being a guest of the city/county/state on several occasions and saved my life at least once. My step father told me about it when I was about 14. He said it saved him a couple of times during WW2. He was in theatre (North Africa, Sicily, Italy) from November 1942 until the end of the war in 1945. He was a wise man. Happy Veteran's day everyone! Chuck

Probably one of the best episodes of "The Twilight Zone" ever. Season 1 Episode 12  1959 "What You Need".

I was in a foot pursuit after felon who had stolen a vehicle and had bailed out after he crashed. I lost sight of him after he went behind an apartment complex into an area with many trees, it was about 2 in the morning and very dark. I had my pistol drawn and my Streamlight in my left hand.  I walked past several trees never looking up. Then my "gut" feeling told me to stop at this one tree, pointed the light beam up and there he was. It was the only tree that I looked up at out of many  I had past. Told him I would shoot him if he didn't come down on his own. Took him into custody without further incident. That "gut" feeling helped me many times in my career.

Another that a family member experience back about 1973. My brother in law was working his butt off to get cash for new home. He was a traffic controller at a truck lines and had another part time job. He also delivered papers in the morning. Was out like 4:00 am one morning. He came to this road that he never goes down no papers to deliver on the road and no reason to go down it. He turned and went down. Just a short way down a car had ran out of road and overturned and the driver was pinned in. He went to nearest home and called for police and medical. Saved the guys life.

Fate...karma....guardian angel...just being a good soul. So much happens that defies rational explanation or scientific justification....never hurts to be a nice person

There was this guy whose mother died (they were very close) and then he went into a depression which made him distant and withdrawn and which eventually made his (very hot) wife of over 20 years divorce him... so after life threw some more nasty things at him he decided he’d had enough, that the movie sucked and he’d leave the theater. 

Now this guy has a (also very hot) lady friend who lives about an hour away from him and on that particular night she’s at home, goes into full panic mode, cries and tells her partner “there’s something wrong with x !!!” 

She doesn't bother to get in touch with the guy but immediately calls the cops to check on him and she really needs to convince them as they say she has nothing to go by. 

The next day the guy wakes up in ICU and she shows up an hour later to care for him. 

Ok, they’d been texting that night but the guy did not hint at what he was gonna do, the psychiatric nurses told the guy later that even with their specific training they would never have guessed anything from those messages. 

How did she know?!  She had nothing to indicate something was wrong...... yet she knew without a doubt...... 

Back