Pypes exhaust question?

Go to solution Solved by turtle5353,

I want to order an exhaust kit for my 73 mach 1. She has staggered shocks and the pypes kit listed says it won't fit my style. I already have the street pro mufflers and FPA headers. I saw one guy on FB say he ordered the pipes kit and it fit his Staggered shocks? Suggestions? Also should I go X or H pipe? Its a mild 408 Cleveland motor. Thanks

Edited by 73' mach 1

www.puregemdetailing.com

• 73' mach 1 changed the title to Pypes exhaust question?

I bought a parts car that had been crashed and had new Pypes exhaust 2 weeks old on it. Did not have staggered shocks. Here is a pic of a stock factory installed system on a Q code 4 speed staggered shock Mach 1. Do not know if this will clue you in on what the issue is.

DSC_0938.JPG

DSC_0939.JPG

DSC_0940.JPG

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

• Solution

Some people have had good luck with the pypes kit but I could not get mine to fit for shit.  If you have a local custom exhaust shop near you, I would highly recommend going to them and have them install a custom exhaust for you.  I did that on 2 Mach 1's  so far and I am really pleased how it came out.  It cost me about $100-150 more than the pypes kit, but I didn't have to do anything but drop the car off and pick it back up. Also they welded the joints instead of having 10 clamps all through the system. I also went with the X-pipe because that's what the gentlemen recommended at the shop. He used Flowmaster FX series mufflers and 2 1/2" stainless. 

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

Yeah, I thought they did really nice work.  If I remember right it was around $650 for everything from headers back. In my reply above is a link to a video you can hear the exhaust. 

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

I have the full Pypes X-pipe system with Street Pros on mine (non-staggered shocks), and it's awesome.

Here's a link to a thread with some pics of the underside of my car with the Hooker Headers, AOD, and Pypes installation.  https://7173mustangs.com/forums/topic/36463-exhaust-header-help-please/?tab=comments#comment-373381

http://www.mister4x4.net/cars/Mach_1/Frankenstang_20180928.mp4?_=1

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Eric

mach1sig2.gif