Will Mach 1 interior quarter panels fit in a convertible?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animal Lawyer

Reaction score
My "originals" were badly recovered , I found  set of original mach 1 panels in good shape and the correct color at a reasonable price, but I hate to buy them and pay shipping to discover they do not fit or cannot be made to work. 

72368482-770-0@2X.jpg

Took me three years to find a near perfect, albeit wrong color, set for my '71 vert. It was even a nicer surprise when they came without the rear seat passenger side ash tray and the not for early '71 vert side insert holes for the seat belts to come up through. A rare set indeed... Good luck in your search.

I think Just Dashes can refinish your existing panels if they aren't cut up too bad.  It's worth getting an estimate as most of the used panels will be UV damaged by now, and NOS will probably cost more.

You could also try a local upholstery shop. The 65-68 Mustangs had a Deluxe vinyl option to cover the steel quarter trim panels. Kind of surprised no one offers them for the 71-73s. BTW, the consensus is that the reproductions are utter garbage. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back