Starts Monday November 16 Kenny Brown 5 Day Track Day Workshop

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I signed up for the online live 5 day workshop Kenny Brown is starting on Monday November 16. I was just watching his Saturday 10:00 Cars & Coffee. He was going over springs, shocks and disc brakes for the newer mustangs.
If you want to sign up for the workshop go to www.kennybrown.com and sign up it is free. I think they said over 500 had signed up so far.
Since I am wanting to build a track days car thought I would watch. You submit what you are working on and you do get reply from them either on email or facebook.
His Cars & Coffee is on Facebook and he does have question and answer.

One thing I found interesting today was he was talking about putting the big 6 piston disc brakes on the newer mustang platforms. He said it that you should never use drilled rotors only slotted. He stated that under heavy use they always crack through the drilled holes.

Also he warned about putting big disc brakes on an 8.8 Ford rear. He said that the built in slop for the C clips that hold the axle lets the axle move in and out and will push the pads and pistons back in the disc brakes and will cause you to have to pump your brakes when you do apply and make you run slower. He said if you did use the big disc on rear you needed to go with Ford 9" conversion to remove that movement of the axle.
So I do not think you can ever get enough knowledge and Brown is one of the premier builders of Mustang track cars today.

If you cannot make each day there will be a provision to allow you to go back and view later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back