center dash bezel for car with air and guages

Animal Lawyer

i can't believe that it is repro'ed. Does it have the chrome ?

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

10 hours ago, Animal Lawyer said:

finally got ac working, but mechanic broke dash bezel by map light while removing it. Anyone have a decent one for sale?

1973 convertibles all had the deluxe interior with wood grain center panel

https://www.npdlink.com/product/center-trim-instrument-panel-woodgrain-repro/151357?backurl=search%2Fproducts%3Fsearch_terms%3D04774%26top_parent%3D200001%26year%3D1971&year=1971

1 hour ago, Hemikiller said:

Hi Hemikiller, I thought that all (1973)  convertibles had the black center panel and not the woodgrain. I have the instrument package with the center instruments in my car and it is black with Chrome and no woodgrain. Maybe it was changed by the previous owner , so if you have more info ,that would be great!

1 hour ago, JD79 said:

Hi Hemikiller, I thought that all (1973)  convertibles had the black center panel and not the woodgrain. I have the instrument package with the center instruments in my car and it is black with Chrome and no woodgrain. Maybe it was changed by the previous owner , so if you have more info ,that would be great!

Mine is black with silver too

If you end up getting one of the ACP brand repop ones they are are decent.  It is one of the dash parts I got that required no work to make it fit.  I hate working on the dash because it is an expensive, brittle, fragile puzzle from hell.

1 hour ago, JD79 said:

33 minutes ago, Animal Lawyer said:

Mine is black with silver too

You guys are right, the woodgrain center panel was only standard on the Grande', or with the M1 Sports Interior option. Thinking back now, both of my 73 convertibles had the black center panel. Doh - I stand corrected!  ;)

Hi, that's my ad. I have not been active in trying to sell all the stuff I have, so I believe I still have all of those in the box. I can check for you tomorrow, if you like.

• 2 weeks later...

My verts have the woodgrain. I think part of the convenience group along with vert package. 71 was different got the cheap stuff. Go check the Ford Facts Book Ray scanned in here. I have 5 verts and 4 have the wood grain and chrome rings.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

The repop piece I picked up for mine (from OMS) fits perfectly, even though mine was a non-A/C originally.  But the woodgrain veneer was already trying to come off (cheap adhesive in the production process).  No worries though, as I was planning on removing it anyway (I replaced it with 3M DiNoc black carbon fiber vinyl).  The OE A/C vent, 3-gauge pack, and map light all fit perfectly as well, along with the chrome trim plating being of good quality and all of the fastener points lined up perfectly.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif