• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

73 Mach 1 part out or complete package

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ygolohcysp

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 Q-code
Minimal progress on restoration
Hello everyone.

I've got a 73 Mach 1, which was a replacement for a different 73 Mach 1 that I had nearly finished but was totaled due to deer and a median.  First one was a normal Mach 1, current one is a Q-code.

The body: I'm gonna say not much value here.  I started this project, and put in custom made subframe connectors complete with replacing the transmission crossmember and custom brace to fit a T-56 six speed.  Decided to switch to tackle the rust holes at the bottom of the drivers shock tower.  Removed the upper a-frame arm brace, made a patch for the shape down there out of 14 gauge, started welding it, and that's where I stopped.  Front suspension not on the vehicle, and it's in the middle of a custom build for a non-stock transmission.

Drivetrain: 351 Cleveland with the close chambered 4V heads, was pushing around 450hp when I stopped driving it.  Brand new (around 20 years ago, bought from Tremec) unused T-56 six speed. I kind of have a preference of keeping this.  Could maybe be persuaded to part with it.  I would need to lube things up and do a leak down test before I'd consider this.  Either the engine is good and I wouldn't let it go cheap, or it's not good and I wouldn't want to cheat anyone.

Parts: I have nearly everything to assemble one car, though it's all in original parts kind of shape, nothing pristine like NOS.  Because of the two cars, I have duplicates of some stuff like the quarter panel and fender extensions, two front bumpers, two dashboards including two sets of tach gauges and the center console gauges, two sets of headlight buckets/mounts.  I have the folding rear seat from the Q-code.  Some interesting items I had collected for my first car are power window regulators including the glass with the cutouts for them, quarter window regulators.  I also have 2 sets of oem steel doors, and one set of fiberglass doors (one was prepped and reinforced and used, other one is as is bought brand new).

I'd really prefer to just get rid of as much as I can in one go.  I'm trying to clear the space, have less to deal with in a planned move within a year, and am just planning on using the money to pay down my remaining credit card.  As for the reason I'm getting rid of this project, well, it was something I was extremely passionate about when I was a kid.  I took a job where I moved and traveled extensively for 14 years, and now around 20 years later, I just can't motivate myself to work on it anymore.  I got into motorcycles and machining, and would like the space for spreading out my machines.  If you have started restoring a car, then I would highly recommend that you don't allow something to get in the way for such an extended period of time.

I’m trying to get my project ‘73 Mach 1 Q code back on the road.  I’m down to needing small items.  A couple things I need are front seat belts, just the receiver/female belts.  Also a good set of motor mounts.  If you have any of those items it would be great.  Thanks

If you have any of the following that you do not need for your car - I need the three gauge center bezel, the headlight switch bezel, the e brake pedal rubber & metal trim surround, and if you have a white deluxe interior the complete door panels. If the engine is toast but the heads are serviceable I would be interested in the heads and manifold. 

I could use the dash trim piece that surrounds the glove box.  Need the textured one not the smooth one. Pm and pics please. 

Sorry, I typically work 10 hour days and have weekends off.  Worked a little extra this week.  I'll try to respond to everyone by tomorrow.  Had a few local people tire kicking and wanting to take everything for less than I'd get for taking the body to a recycling place and get the weight in scrap.

Okay, I’ve responded to everyone via PM. If I had mentioned that I need to get rid of the body to make room, I’m planning on doing that next weekend.

Thank you!

Looking for both taillights and the passenger side rear marker light if they are not all rotted out like mine.

from the  air cleaner I need the small plastic nipple on the side of the breather element for the gas vapor return line

I apologize for my slow response on this.  For anyone that I've answered about parts, I still have them.  I've also had local people hitting me up, which has led to some of the delays.  People contacting me and setting up times to meet and never showing, and one person that when I didn't respond, sent me multiple videos of a garages burning down, which I can only assume is a threat.  On top of that, getting the body out of the garage has not gone as quickly as I expected.  I'm not as young as I used to be, and have no help in getting anything done.  I'm sort of less motivated at this point, deleting the local listing, and not entirely certain how I'm going to proceed.

Do you have a driver side front fender extension?  I just pulled my fenders out of storage and discovered that the front fender extension on the driver side is missing.  I know they have repops, but would rather have an original piece.   

You didn't mention if this had ram air.  If so, I'd be interested.

Thanks,

Nick

Back