North Carolina newbee

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangdude

Reaction score
Hey guys, I purchased what is left of this 73 mustangmach 1. I now have new fenders and quarters on it and getting it ready for paint.  I am looking for the correct headliner bows.  If you have a set or know where I maybe able to find a set I would appreciate it. 

Thanks

Mustangdude.

99D27B5C-3DBF-4F58-89E6-D139E3C552D8.jpeg

C14F7885-9616-4B0B-95DB-A744A91D2890.jpeg

its a 72 but I kinda wish it was s 71 with a hotter engine.  It came with the neutered 351C 2V engine.  Mine was also Wimbledon white but painted black during its restoration in the early 2000s.  Will be getting a rebuild with better heads and a hotter cam.  You must keep all of us posted with progress pics.  

I’ll take some pics tomorrow.  Mine also was born a 351C 2v. When I removed the engine i found it was a 1970 block.  I just got thru rebuilding it , had to bore 40 over installed a hotter lunati cam replaced the 2v with cobra heads and intake..  I can’t wait to hear her run.  

Hello and welcome.  I am in NC also; near Greensboro. 

Welcome from Ohio

Will send a pm on the headliner bows

Welcome from the lower half of Ohio.  :biggrin:      As Bobby mentioned keep us updated on your build and post pictures.  Hope all goes well for you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from western North Carolina. If you go to Facebook and look up Scotty Stickland he is in N.C. Bullock friend him he has a Mustang junk yard and lots of what you need.
I have an original one owner 73 Mach 1 if you need pics or go back through posts and do searches here lots of info.

You said you have already built your engine. Should have waited until you needed it. I would back off the rockers so that the valves springs are all relaxed. You assembly lube can also dry out. Engine should be the last thing you do. Check everything out so you know good parts and can do machine work but leave un assembled.

DSC_1264.JPG

Back