MAD IRISHMAN '72 MACH1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 "Q" code Mach 1
Greetings,

About nine years ago I found this 1972 Mach 1 Mustang in Stowe, Oh.  The VIN# says it’s a “Q” code car.

The car is equipped with some aftermarket goodies including Performer Intake, 750 Holley, Headers, aftermarket mufflers, a Mallory Uni-Lite Distributor, and plug wires.  The engine in it is not original as it has 2V cylinder heads.  Internally it has a Sig Erson hydraulic cam with stud mounted Crane aluminum rockers.  Someone installed a Hurst V-Matic Shifter for the C-6 and had a boot made to resemble a 4- speed set up with a “T’ handle. 

Since I race my 1988 Hatchback Mustang in NHRA Stock Eliminator I haven’t done a whole lot with the car.  I cleaned up the under-hood wiring, replaced the Edelbrock Carb with the Holley, and worked to get the paint (more on that in another post) shined up and sealed.  Now that I am retired, I have been paying a bit more attention to it.  Lots of little issues to address.  Have had it out to a couple outdoor car shows including the October 2019 “Pumpkin Run” in Owensville, OH.  Overall, the car presents a nice appearance when driven which garners some ego satisfying thumbs-up from other motorists. 

Hope to glean some knowledge from fellow members and check out their machines.

Attached are some pics of my Mach 1 and the ’88 Stocker that inhibits me working on it more. LOL

StevesMach1A.jpg

72Mach1Mustang (25).JPG

72Mach1Mustang (9).JPG

SoFineIndyUSNatsNSA2017.png

Indy Class Champs 2019.jpg

image.jpeg

Welcome from Ross Ohio - just a stone throw away.  Lot's of good info here and friendly people.  Nice looking car.  I think I might have spoken to you at the Miamitown Historical Society car show.  Hope to be seeing you around at some of the local shows and cruise-ins. 

Welcome from Illinois!  Very nice looking Mach - love column mounted tacs!  Your fox body looks like some serious fun.

Welcome from Mustang Oklahoma (originally from New Richmond/Cincinnati Ohio). Two nice looking cars.  Chuck

Welcome from NC from me as well!  Cool cars!

Back