MAD IRISHMAN '72 MACH1

Greetings,

About nine years ago I found this 1972 Mach 1 Mustang in Stowe, Oh.  The VIN# says it’s a “Q” code car.

The car is equipped with some aftermarket goodies including Performer Intake, 750 Holley, Headers, aftermarket mufflers, a Mallory Uni-Lite Distributor, and plug wires.  The engine in it is not original as it has 2V cylinder heads.  Internally it has a Sig Erson hydraulic cam with stud mounted Crane aluminum rockers.  Someone installed a Hurst V-Matic Shifter for the C-6 and had a boot made to resemble a 4- speed set up with a “T’ handle. 

Since I race my 1988 Hatchback Mustang in NHRA Stock Eliminator I haven’t done a whole lot with the car.  I cleaned up the under-hood wiring, replaced the Edelbrock Carb with the Holley, and worked to get the paint (more on that in another post) shined up and sealed.  Now that I am retired, I have been paying a bit more attention to it.  Lots of little issues to address.  Have had it out to a couple outdoor car shows including the October 2019 “Pumpkin Run” in Owensville, OH.  Overall, the car presents a nice appearance when driven which garners some ego satisfying thumbs-up from other motorists. 

Hope to glean some knowledge from fellow members and check out their machines.

Attached are some pics of my Mach 1 and the ’88 Stocker that inhibits me working on it more. LOL

StevesMach1A.jpg

72Mach1Mustang (25).JPG

72Mach1Mustang (9).JPG

SoFineIndyUSNatsNSA2017.png

Indy Class Champs 2019.jpg

image.jpeg

Welcome from Ross Ohio - just a stone throw away.  Lot's of good info here and friendly people.  Nice looking car.  I think I might have spoken to you at the Miamitown Historical Society car show.  Hope to be seeing you around at some of the local shows and cruise-ins. 

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Welcome from League City TX!  Sound like you have things well in hand!

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

Welcome from Mustang Oklahoma (originally from New Richmond/Cincinnati Ohio). Two nice looking cars.  Chuck

-Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Lots of Mustang junkies here for sure. I have 8 1972 & 73 mustangs and others also. Great looking Mach 1 and looks like your drag car is doing pretty good.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Welcome from NC from me as well!  Cool cars!

Lazarus

9-C51-EEB4-A25-A-4-F27-8-D01-0-EB879931296.jpg

Welcome from MO!

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1988 Bronco II

2014 F150 Supercrew

Welcome from west Michigan! 

Hey, I think I know you from the track. 

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]