License plate restoration service?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original plates are steel and the reproduction ones from the link above and cal plates are aluminum.  My rear plate is damage free, however my front plate needs some time in the hands of a good body man.  I might go the reproduction route,  but I would still like to try and have mine refurbished first just to see if my front plate can be brought back to life.

I am working on a set of 1931 plates.  Patience was the key.  The bodywork is tedious.  They are in the final coat of primer waiting paint.  I have to mix the color for the letters, once I have that I can do the main color and lettering.  My problem now is motivation...

I am working on a set of 1931 plates.  Patience was the key.  The bodywork is tedious.  They are in the final coat of primer waiting paint.  I have to mix the color for the letters, once I have that I can do the main color and lettering.  My problem now is motivation...
I don’t mind the metalwork- but paint work isn’t my cup of tea.  I’m going to send them out to Brian Mabry at “Finish Your Plates”.  Once they get back I’ll update the thread.   Hopefully we’ll see some nice looking plates in about a month!

I have   had a plate from Cuba on the front of my 73 Mustang vert. Gets some strange looks at shows. I also have a plate from China I smuggled back, lol. They do not allow them to be brought out. So many people in China want license plates they are let out on a lottery process.
I have a matched pair of 1950 N.C. plates that are aluminum. They claim none were made but these have been checked and are real. They think maybe a test.

I just recently pick up two matched pairs of Manufacturers license plates for 1973 from Michigan. Would have been used on vehicles the factory had on street for test or executive car. Will put them on cars when at shows.

I have a 1972 rear plate (Florida only issues a rear plate) that I went through the DHSMV here and jumped into the admin circus (The minions that work in their cubicles at the DHSMV had no idea what I was talking about until I showed them the info buried in their rules ) and had the plate go through authentication. I had to mail the plate to Tallahassee DSHMV so they could see it and pass their inspection, once they approved it, they issued a registration and now its assigned to my Q code just like it was in 1972.

Back