While I don't agree with a few things he writes, overall it is a very good source of 351C engine information in my opinion. Chuck

https://pantera.infopop.cc/topic/cobra-jet-unleashing-the-performance-capabilities-of-351-cleveland-engines-with-open-chamber-4v-heads-q-code

Good article, thanks for sharing.

Geez, another guy that says the Clevelands have good low end power, what's the world coming to?

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Yeah, I know. The ignorance that has been spread for the last 45+ years may come to an end. Chuck

I did not read all of that article (yet), but it did explain to me and answer a question I had on those D3ZE heads I posted about the other day. That gave me some insight to what that person has for sale, if anyone is interested. 

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

The D3ZE head can be made to work just fine, I've seen it done years ago by a local dirt track racer. They are also cheap compared to closed chamber 4V heads. I have one pair left in the Cleveland stash. Just as a side note, I have seen D3ZE heads with the large valves from the factory. I don't know what the casting date was. I pretty sure all the 74 4V heads had the small valves but I suspect some 73 4V heads had the large valves. Chuck