Door VIN Sticker

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
31 Model A Station Wagon “Woody”
69 Mach 1 - 351C
72 Mach 1 - 351C
96 Cobra Convertible
Is there a source for replacing this sticker/label?  I am getting ready to do lots of sanding and painting, ideally I put on a new one.  Not sure if that is possible, not to mention legality.

That's a good one, needed to mask mine to repaint and it was a pain to sand properly around it. Plus the driver side one isn't great looking, it's hard to even read it.
For my 71 I plan dip my doors in acid, so will have to protect them with a plastic film and hope for the best... removing paint around them will be tricky.

Thx to your post, I'm gonna call the dutch RWD tomorrow to see if I can ask for new official ones (if they provide a solution or if they don't care and could just print new ones myself). Having new ones would be very handy.

Marti Auto Works can provide you with a correct reproduction door VIN sticker. 

https://www.martiauto.com/index.cfm

Mine was in great condition, so I masked it well, did the basecoat on the doors, peeled the masking and sprayed clear over it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Hemikiller, mine has had one crappy paint job and crappy masking job already, so it needs to be dealt with properly.  New paint, new sticker.  Thanks for the lead!

Back