Very good cam article.

Very good article. Clear and to the point as well as being accurate. If you are looking to do a cam change read this first. Chuck

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/similar-duration-cams-may-perform-differently/

In my mind this article lays out the case for why it is worth the extra 100 bucks or so to get a custom cam from a supplier/builder who is familiar with the engine platform you are working with, even on a mild build.

• Like 1

73 conv. 460, D0VE large valve heads, Performer RPM manifold, Voodoo 227/233 cam, Holley 950 HP carb, C6 trans, 3.25 trak-loc.

Yes, good article. I agree, too, about getting a custom cam. I researched most of the available off-the-shelf cams and the only two that came close to what I want were one from Lunati and one from Howards. But, I'm not playing horseshoes, so will likely be one from Brent Lykins.

• Like 2

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Wow this article is exactly what I've been looking for after trying to figure out what cam I needed for the last week. Since I'll get it custom iit also means it will be one of the last components I probably purchase for this car...

73' H-code Convertible

351C 2V

FMX automatic

Make sure you get the cam from someone that understands Cleveland heads, otherwise you'll likely get something better suited for a Chevy.

You might want to also read this article, about Q code heads and performance.

COBRA JET: Unleashing The Performance Capabilities Of 351 Cleveland Engines With Open Chamber 4V Heads (Q Code) | The De Tomaso Forums (infopop.cc)

Edited by Don C
Added information
  • Like 2

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein