End of the season in Ohio

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach I
Sad, but winter is almost here in Ohio.  Tomorrow 2 to 6 inches of snow is forecast.  So yesterday I took my Mach out for one last spin before bedding it down for the winter.  Time to get back on restoring my '66 convertible.

One item of interest here in Ohio, this past year a front plate is no longer required, only a rear plate is needed.  Since my Mach came with a front plate holder from the dealer (factory?), I decided to find a suitable front plate.  I found the "Mach1" plate on line.  It actually came in different color combinations.  I think it suits my car just fine.

Mac

20Nov29_Mach Pic2.jpg

20Nov29_Mach Pic.jpg

Love that Grabber Lime. You can always send her here to Arizona for the winter. I'll take good care of her for you. ;-) 

I'm from Ohio originally. Sucks that the Buckeyes had a second game cancelled due to COVID, but that's how it goes these days. I was really hoping for a shot at the 'Natty this year, but maybe not. :(

Sad, but winter is almost here in Ohio.  Tomorrow 2 to 6 inches of snow is forecast.  So yesterday I took my Mach out for one last spin before bedding it down for the winter.  Time to get back on restoring my '66 convertible.

One item of interest here in Ohio, this past year a front plate is no longer required, only a rear plate is needed.  Since my Mach came with a front plate holder from the dealer (factory?), I decided to find a suitable front plate.  I found the "Mach1" plate on line.  It actually came in different color combinations.  I think it suits my car just fine.

Mac

View attachment 46403

View attachment 46404
  They are calling for only an inch or 2 down here in Southern Ohio with some icy conditions. .  I'm like you and am getting ready to put the car away for the winter but I do have a couple of jobs I want to get done. I ordered a AEM air/fuel gauge along with Global West sub frame connectors yesterday to put on over the winter months.   My tags expired early this month so I got the below from Amazon and mounted it on the front.    

License Plate.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mac

View attachment 46403

View attachment 46404
Nice!!

As much as I hate to put the cars away it's that time. Snow started coming down tonight in Central Ohio - it won't be much, but it's a clear  signal that it's time to stop driving and start the winter projects.

To that end, I had to put a little heater in the garage so I can take on a few projects I have planned between the two cars (meaning the Mustang and Vette, not the Honda). This 10000 Watt heater should do the trick.Heater is in place and ready to plug in. I get the 240/50 service run this week (Just in time).

heater.jpg

IMG_2966.JPG

Love that Grabber Lime. You can always send her here to Arizona for the winter. I'll take good care of her for you. ;-) 

I'm from Ohio originally. Sucks that the Buckeyes had a second game cancelled due to COVID, but that's how it goes these days. I was really hoping for a shot at the 'Natty this year, but maybe not. :(
Thanks for your kind offer to take care of my stang, but I will pass.....didn't the army teach you never to volunteer??  :classic_rolleyes:

Yeah the bucks certainly have had a different type of season this year along with everybody else I guess.  Keep your fingers crossed for next year.

As much as I hate to put the cars away it's that time. Snow started coming down tonight in Central Ohio - it won't be much, but it's a clear  signal that it's time to stop driving and start the winter projects.

To that end, I had to put a little heater in the garage so I can take on a few projects I have planned between the two cars (meaning the Mustang and Vette, not the Honda). This 10000 Watt heater should do the trick.Heater is in place and ready to plug in. I get the 240/50 service run this week (Just in time).

View attachment 46414

View attachment 46415
I agree, the winter weather here in Ohio limits a car buffs out door activity.  It does give you time to catch up on car upkeep if you have a heated garage.  As a retired Reznor employee, I was able to purchase a 110,000 BTU ceiling mounted furnace very reasonable.  Yes 110,000 BTU is way over kill but the price was excellent and it does heat up my 4 car garage very quickly.  So just as you stated it gives you the chance to stay active working on your cars once the snow starts to fly.

Shouldn't the title of this thread read "The end of Ohio?" due to the snow? 

Oh wait...it's only for six more months!

Back