door panel woodgrain sources?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B229218

Reaction score
My Car
71 mach 1 521 c.j.

Anybody out there know of universal sources for bulk woodgrain that closely  matches our deluxe door panel inserts?

A few years ago the vendors were selling the wood grain for our doors and the center stack.  I cannot find it anymore.

I have heard you can buy the contact paper at Hobby Lobby or something like that and cut your own pattern.

I think that when the price of vacuum mettalization went up and they started reproducing those parts, the market likely dried up.

kcmash

Thanks, I forgot about Hobby Lobby, I will check them out.

Last fall I posted a thread on the door panel trim. I had listed the vendor for the contact paper as well. I did find my old picture. So........ need one of the computer gurus to find the thread? I cant find it.

This was very good vinyl, it wasn't cheap either I think 40-$50.00. When you look at the wood grain it was actually indented in the pores. looks really real. I remember posting that it wasnt perfect but looked pretty good. door trim panel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Don.........you continue to be my HERO :) 

Back