Door speaker box idea

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73FastBk

Reaction score
Decided to Make some speaker pods that would fit component speakers. Wrapped them in faux leather and sealed it.   I didn’t like the idea of cutting the metal framing on the interior door so I fabricated these. It only sticks out about 2 inches and the window level isn’t compromised. Now I just need to wire up and fit the other 4 speakers that I plan on putting in the rear 

27589AC4-EB38-469F-A5BD-729909C2E134.jpeg

E9E83038-9808-4F06-80CB-294C01F8D486.jpeg

Nice work!

How do you plan on connecting them to the door panel?
That took some thinking haha. So I decided to install some L brackets that I can screw into from the inside of the box (that way you can see anything from the outside) and then I’ll tap a hole  into the metal door, then I can screw the box directly threw the door panels into the metal door. I’ll send another picture once I’m able to do it.  :thumb:  

hope it works 

That took some thinking haha. So I decided to install some L brackets that I can screw into from the inside of the box (that way you can see anything from the outside) and then I’ll tap a hole  into the metal door, then I can screw the box directly threw the door panels into the metal door. I’ll send another picture once I’m able to do it.  :thumb:  

hope it works 
That sounds like a plan. Probably what I would do. It should work out pretty well.

I was asking because there's lots of folks who don't want to poke holes in their door panels, especially if they're unmolested originals.

Mike  

That sounds like a plan. Probably what I would do. It should work out pretty well.

I was asking because there's lots of folks who don't want to poke holes in their door panels, especially if they're unmolested originals.

Mike  
Ya that’s my issue too . I don’t want to l mess with my original l door panels. The good thing is, the only harm I’m going to be doing is screwing 2 through the Bottom section of the carpet  and not the actual cardboard/door panel. I’m Utilizing that open  section of the  door panel where the original speakers used to go.  

Nice job. They look mint! Please post pictures once the install is complete.
Okay had to paint the door panel and fix the cracks. Not the best but good enough for now. Here are the speakers and mounting location 

ABA5E3AA-7036-4BD9-85D9-BF977A85884C.jpeg

Back