Figure I try a new little game here.  The idea is to post a picture of where you have been and have the members try to guess where it is.  Must be a recognizable place.   You may provide a simple hint. Since we have members from around the world I think we will see some pretty neat pictures.

To start off here is mine.  It is somewhere in North America.

20190622_142128.thumb.jpg.822d5a3bc694f272e2c565db77a96e98.jpg  

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got it - IN fact it is the top of Jebel Al-Mahdbah, the mountain in Petra that also has the Al-Kahzneh (known as the Treasury) carved into it's base. The  obelisks in the first picture weren't bui

Ironically i recognized it by the Ripleys Aquarium  (shark on roof) and the old roundhouse. That roundhouse has the Steamwhistle brewery and is worth a tour if you get a chance, plus its good beer lol

Along the GOR (Great Ocean Road) southwest of Melbourne near the Twelve Apostles. Beautiful road. We drove it last December.

Posted Images

I like this idea. Here goes mine. Hint: for some members here I don't think it needs a hint.

20200103_165806.thumb.jpg.f3977ad9348eb1f9d8f26d61ec61c687.jpg

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Kilgon is really high up, and Tony-Muscle is by a bunch of water.  Sorry, that’s the best I’ve got.

spacer.png
1931 Ford Model A Station Wagon
1969 Mach 1 - 351C, TKO-600, 4WDB, R&P, A/C, Shaker, Fold Down, etc.
1972 Mach 1 - 351C, FMX, PDB, PS, A/C, Fold Down, Console
1996 Mustang Cobra Convertible - 10psi Procharger, 436rwhp

6 minutes ago, Horsin' Around said:

Kilgon is on the CN tower in Ontario Canada

Correct.  Visited Toronto on vacation back in June of 2019.  Picture is from the CN tower where there is a bumpout with a glass floor.  If your are brave enough you can go outside the building and get strapped in and more or less hang over the side looking down.

Edited by Kilgon

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

5 hours ago, tony-muscle said:

I like this idea. Here goes mine. Hint: for some members here I don't think it needs a hint.

20200103_165806.thumb.jpg.f3977ad9348eb1f9d8f26d61ec61c687.jpg

Australia

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

IMG-2977.jpg

10 hours ago, Horsin' Around said:

Nice place to have a beer.

Where am I.jpg

Haha..... if I am not mistaken this one is right in my area. That's the art museum in Milwaukee.

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

6 hours ago, 71coop said:

Australia

Hot. But let's be more specific. Australia is a big country.

6 minutes ago, Horsin' Around said:

Correct. Give that man a beer!

This is another perspective. Drink your beer fast or it will freeze!

47zptokmq38y.jpg.12fdc2fb6ccd3a3acc2c4a2984ccdc61.jpg

Yes i did walk along this walkway there were many along the trail. Toughest hike I have ever done and been all over. My gal friend was sick she was so scared. It is not in the U.S.A..

319px-Tourist_steps_built_on_the_cliffs_of_Huangshan.jpg

EUztb0iUMAAW1-K.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

15 hours ago, Kilgon said:

Figure I try a new little game here.  The idea is to post a picture of where you have been and have the members try to guess where it is.  Must be a recognizable place.   You may provide a simple hint. Since we have members from around the world I think we will see some pretty neat pictures.

To start off here is mine.  It is somewhere in North America.

20190622_142128.thumb.jpg.822d5a3bc694f272e2c565db77a96e98.jpg  

Ironically i recognized it by the Ripleys Aquarium  (shark on roof) and the old roundhouse. That roundhouse has the Steamwhistle brewery and is worth a tour if you get a chance, plus its good beer lol.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tony-muscle said:

Hot. But let's be more specific. Australia is a big country.

I'm gonna guess near the southernmost point - but not certain. I was in Melbourne about 25 years ago with the USAF, and visited the southern tip and several areas along the coast - but don't recall if I actually saw the view you have there.

Black 1971 Mach 1

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

IMG-2977.jpg

I'll play along with my own pic - Hopefully not TOO obscure. this  is not tooo far off a road that  used to be called the King's Highway in the Middle East.

IMG_2006.JPG

Black 1971 Mach 1

IMG-2977.jpg

Well, I was wrong on the first 4, so I'll try David's, Hua Shan in China.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, 71coop said:

I'll play along with my own pic - Hopefully not TOO obscure. this  is not tooo far off a road that  used to be called the King's Highway in the Middle East.

IMG_2006.JPG

Is that near the "End of the World"?

Edit: correction, I meant to say the "Edge of the World" in Saudi Arabia.

Edited by tony-muscle

For 71coop, I'm guessing somewhere near Petra.

--Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Don C said:

For 71coop, I'm guessing somewhere near Petra.

You got it - IN fact it is the top of Jebel Al-Mahdbah, the mountain in Petra that also has the Al-Kahzneh (known as the Treasury) carved into it's base. The  obelisks in the first picture weren't built - the top 25 or 30 feet of the mountain top were cut away and exposed the obelisks. Huge ancient worship complex on top of that mountain. My wife and I visited a little over a year ago.

IMG_1978.JPG

Edited by 71coop
  • Like 2

Black 1971 Mach 1

IMG-2977.jpg

35 minutes ago, detritusmaximus said:

Santa Cruz, I think...

You are correct, the Boardwalk at Santa Cruz, Christmas day, 2005.

--Albert Einstein

29 minutes ago, PNWMach1 said:

Great thread idea! Here is my contribution. The hint is in my screen name.

50297173452_be0c1e0bc9_o.jpg

That beautiful green water looks like glacier melt water. I will guess a glacier in Washington State, maybe along the Cascade mountains.