Jump to content

Where Am I


Kilgon
 Share

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, 71coop said:

You got it - IN fact it is the top of Jebel Al-Mahdbah, the mountain in Petra that also has the Al-Kahzneh (known as the Treasury) carved into it's base. The  obelisks in the first picture weren't built - the top 25 or 30 feet of the mountain top were cut away and exposed the obelisks. Huge ancient worship complex on top of that mountain. My wife and I visited a little over a year ago.

IMG_1978.JPG

Nice. I so want to go there. I am a little bit afraid of the geopolitical issues targeting American travelers.

  • Like 1

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

 

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 71coop said:

I'm gonna guess near the southernmost point - but not certain. I was in Melbourne about 25 years ago with the USAF, and visited the southern tip and several areas along the coast - but don't recall if I actually saw the view you have there.

You are very close. It is along a very popular road and near a very popular site.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

 

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, tony-muscle said:

Nice. I so want to go there. I am a little bit afraid of the geopolitical issues targeting American travelers.

I understand that - but in fact, we felt very safe - visited Egypt, Jordan and Israel. The border crossing from Jordan to Israel and back was different than we expected - tight security and  you give up your passport for the crossing - but we never felt threatened or in any kind of danger. As with any different culture, if you're respectful, you'll get the same in return. I would encourage anyone to go.If you do, take at least 3-4  days in Petra and hike  the whole thing (we didn't have that much time and wish we did).Then go south to Wadi Rum and spend a couple days with the Bedouin camps. Well worth the trip.

Edited by 71coop

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

 

IMG-2977.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, tony-muscle said:

That beautiful green water looks like glacier melt water. I will guess a glacier in Washington State, maybe along the Cascade mountains. 

Diablo Lake on the North Cascades highway in Washington state....well done :thumb:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, tony-muscle said:

You are very close. It is along a very popular road and near a very popular site.

I think I'm thinking of Wilson's promontory - but if that's not right I give.

Edited by 71coop

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

 

IMG-2977.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Don C said:

You are correct, the Boardwalk at Santa Cruz, Christmas day, 2005.

I know it from passing thru there on our way down to Monterey...via 17 Mile Drive.

Not because I saw The Lost Boys....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 71coop said:

I think I'm thinking of Wilson's promontory - but if that's not right I give.

Along the GOR (Great Ocean Road) southwest of Melbourne near the Twelve Apostles. Beautiful road. We drove it last December.

  • Like 1

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

 

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 71coop said:

I understand that - but in fact, we felt very safe - visited Egypt, Jordan and Israel. The border crossing from Jordan to Israel and back was different than we expected - tight security and  you give up your passport for the crossing - but we never felt threatened or in any kind of danger. As with any different culture, if you're respectful, you'll get the same in return. I would encourage anyone to go.If you do, take at least 3-4  days in Petra and hike  the whole thing (we didn't have that much time and wish we did).Then go south to Wadi Rum and spend a couple days with the Bedouin camps. Well worth the trip.

Oh man. So want to do that same trip. Pyramids, Petra and Israel. Some day!

  • Like 1

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

 

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd do it again in a heartbeat

Edited by 71coop

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

 

IMG-2977.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

nice landmark

Nadel.JPG.44c06e31154900274037ae453ac5722a.JPG

1972 Mach 1, 351C-2V, wimbledon white, blue all vinyl luxury

born in Dearborn, grown in the district of San José, spent a lifetime in California, moved to Germany in 2010

Mustang_Mach1_wallpaper_300_150.jpg proud member of clublogozusammen.JPG.59fb4a10d15cfff9ec756235059135b8.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Finally on the road headed to Yellowstone.   Was going to go last year but didn't due to the pandemic.  Left Friday morning and am out there somewhere.  Lets see if anyone can tell where our first stop was at for the weekend.  Here are a couple of pictures from the area we stayed at.

20210515_124447_resized.thumb.jpg.7b5df9d110a0d41de17447cfe776f2e4.jpg

20210515_122123_resized.thumb.jpg.c03941c78afba4d7a4210869c550e7cc.jpg

 

 

Kilgon

 

 

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, midlife said:

Kilgon:

I was going to guess the first picture is Johnstown, PA, but the second picture didn't fit that location. 

Wrong direction.  Left from Ohio and headed to Yellowstone.

Kilgon

 

 

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kilgon said:

Finally on the road headed to Yellowstone.   Was going to go last year but didn't due to the pandemic.  Left Friday morning and am out there somewhere.  Lets see if anyone can tell where our first stop was at for the weekend.  Here are a couple of pictures from the area we stayed at.

20210515_124447_resized.thumb.jpg.7b5df9d110a0d41de17447cfe776f2e4.jpg

20210515_122123_resized.thumb.jpg.c03941c78afba4d7a4210869c550e7cc.jpg

 

 

Ive caught hundreds of blue cats over the years but never one that big......that ones a story for sure :-)

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, machattack said:

Ive caught hundreds of blue cats over the years but never one that big......that ones a story for sure :-)

I caught him on a cicada I bought with me from Ohio. :lollerz:

Edited by Kilgon
  • Like 2

Kilgon

 

 

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moving on.  Here is the 2nd stop on our trip. No winners on the first stop so far. Lets see if someone can get this spot.

20210518_104834.thumb.jpg.14fd074a3ce63fa1779e6e29cf12c61a.jpg 

20210518_103713.thumb.jpg.b8774f77d91e1bfd08302d31ace4ab9d.jpg

20210518_105522.thumb.jpg.0360630a4c14cb8356c6e80dca9a8b65.jpg

20210518_105400.jpg

Kilgon

 

 

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs said:

What road are you on. I been cross country like 13 trips never seen that, lol. I probably blasted by it.

You have to get off the Exway to see it.  It's in the mid-west.

Edited by Kilgon

Kilgon

 

 

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 1sostatic said:

I'm guessing this is actually the true image of 4x4 Mister  :classic_tongue:

 

 

4x4.JPG

How very odd... I haven't worn a tie in years.  LOL!

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kilgon said:

Moving on.  Here is the 2nd stop on our trip. No winners on the first stop so far. Lets see if someone can get this spot.

20210518_104834.thumb.jpg.14fd074a3ce63fa1779e6e29cf12c61a.jpg 

20210518_103713.thumb.jpg.b8774f77d91e1bfd08302d31ace4ab9d.jpg

20210518_105522.thumb.jpg.0360630a4c14cb8356c6e80dca9a8b65.jpg

20210518_105400.jpg

Looks to me like you're up the creek, and I don't see any sign of a paddle :whistling:

Edited by Don C
  • LOL 1

 

 

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still no winners.  I will list all the places we visited once we get back home.  Here are some pictures from   our current location.  Still in the same state that the last pictures were taken - just at the opposite end. 

20210520_145022.thumb.jpg.f8f7fd9ce66c92e3c1ade5b527d9c12a.jpg 

20210520_155137.thumb.jpg.9194c2d5c8758fad693c54566812506a.jpg

20210521_100524.thumb.jpg.4ed516b260b36f90534647b850f3370c.jpg

20210521_124904.thumb.jpg.d9fd387602bf16a662d689010ab26010.jpg

 

Kilgon

 

 

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...