Dennis Carpenter has passed away

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I saw this on one of the Facebook pages this morning. Dennis Carpenter has passed away. He has probably did not to produce reproduction parts for the Ford cars than anyone else. I seem to recall he started in 1970. He would go out and track down NOS parts or even find the original tooling to produce his parts. I always enjoyed going through his private museum of cars, parts, memorabilia and he also bought out the old Cushman scooter company. His factory was like a maze and years ago he would take you on a walk about tour. His son Daniel Carpenter picked up the business years ago and jumped into the Mustang parts and all of them that i have bought were great fit and finish.
I was talking with Dennis last year and showed him some pictures of the 1950 Ford I have with 16,000 original miles. He ask me if i would sell it, lol. Then Daniel took me to the side and told me they were trying to keep him from buying more cars.
126029062_10158568792854760_9121990332998093706_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Carpenter's parts were always the anti-Scott Drake. Never had a problem with fit and finish. Drake's parts, on the other hand, never fit. I swear they were designed by Stevie Wonder.

Back