• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 351 passenger side heat shield

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 - "Day 2" restoration; 351C/FMX, trick flow heads, roller cam conversion, CAA AC kit, upgraded springs/shocks & close-ratio steering box
Looking for the 2V or 4V heat shield with the tube that connects to the heat riser to the snorkel.  I don't need the paper tube, just the metal  heat shield that bolts over top of the exhaust manifold, and captures heated air. Trying to complete my intake system with heated air for warm-ups.  PM if you have one you want to part with.

Thanks,

Jim

Bentworker - Jscott and I have worked out a deal, but I still appreciate the reply. I suppose I should have posted that I have a line on one.

Hey guys, can you help me to find the correct bolts to install the heat shield? Didn’t find the right ones so far. Ben
You might give AMK Products a look. They have bunches of fasteners. Try to navigate to the "I-Kits" link and enter the information for your car. (For some reason, the "I-Kits" link doesn't seem to be coming up on the home page at the moment. Select "Bolts" or something, and you should see the various links toward the top of the page below the header or thereabouts.)

-Edit- (edited a second time later for clarity and typos)
After I got home tonight, I took another look on the AMK Products site and it seems to be working now. For the longer heat shield shown in the posts above for the 351C, you'll want exhaust manifold bolt kit number F-535 for the 2V version or F-536 for the 4V version. Each kit has two bolts with the correct threaded studs for the heat shield to mount to. You'll also want kit number F-780 which contains the two nuts to hold on the shield. They have a $30 minimum order, but F-535 & F-536 are each just over the $30 amount, so no problem there. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Awesome tip. Thank you. I’m not 100% sure if I need just the engine nuts or a special part?
Well, I suppose it depends on your exhaust manifold configuration. Based upon your post to this thread, I assumed you have a 351C installed in your 1973 Mustang. If true, then the 1973 version of the 351C would have either the 2V exhaust manifolds or the 4V exhaust manifolds. As I posted earlier, the exhaust manifold bolt kits will include two special stud-bolts that the heat shield will mount to. The nuts simply secure the heat shield to the special studs. If your passenger side exhaust manifold doesn't have the two stud-tipped bolts, then the nuts won't work. If you have a different engine, then the requirement will likely be different. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• RLH2.png
    RLH2.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
Back