Tilt Wheel Lever cover

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertable
Can someone post a picture of what it looks like around the area where the Turn Signal / Tilt lever comes out of the steering column.

P1010030.jpg

I am trying to figure out how best to cover this, unless the cover is available somewhere ? 

Here is my first prototype :)

P1010029.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice, thanks,

now i gotta determine if i want to give myself a $35 christmas present, or continue trying to hack sometthing up. I know the one i make would have to be glued in, since I can't make it snap in like the original. And I already bought a thin piece of aluminum.

If I copy the shape of the original, it would be way easier than trying to make the slot like I was trying to do.

Got the part, perfect condition, and then i snapped in in half trying to get it past the rats nest of wires that i have in the column. A little bit of glue makes it not quite visible from 30 feet once it dries enough for me to scrape off the excess.

DSC_3075.jpg

:classic_angry:

:classic_sad: It's made out of ABS you can glue it back with black ABS cement. Reinforce the back with small pieces of something like a paper clip forming a stitch pattern sinking them into the ABS using a soldering pencil then covering with the cement. once dry sand the front side with 600 wet/dry sandpaper and paint with SEM interior charcoal paint for plastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aE-f6ryCWU

abs cement.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back