Are the repop wheel opening moldings good?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
1971 Mustang Mach I
1972 Mexican GT-351
1971 Mustang Convertible
1988 Bronco II
1970 Torino 4 door
I have a few NOS parts laying around and they seem to be worth quite a bit.  I have a NOS set of four wheel opening moldings that I am considering selling and just buying a repop set.  Will anyone share their  opinion on the repop wheel moldings?  It looks like the NOS ones go for about 85 each plus shipping!  I also have NOS chrome bumpers, std grille (listed on ebay already), rocker panel moldings, hood locks and a few other items (including front disc brake hoses).  As everyone here knows, it is not cheap even when using repops but if i can sell some of these items and get quality repops, why not?  I was happy with the rear bumper i got for my Mach (lighter gage but my old one was dented....not by me).

Repro wheel well trim sets are so flimsy and seem like they only have half of the material thickness of an original set. Repros can easily be shaped to fit, originals not so much.

I was going to do the same thing with a bunch of NOS 65 Mustang parts I have. It is crazy what two tail lights go for. The repo chrome is actually better than NOS original and the guys doing the Shelby cars pay over $500 for the Ford ones. I have couple sets of NOS door panels and one Shelby guy is going crazy wanting them. I can buy a whole interior for what he is willing to pay. I am not into winning trophies just like to play with the cars.

Me too. I am just not sure it is worth what it costs to put NOS parts on anything other than a Boss 351 or cj/scj. Maybe a sprint vert. Although I may be biased from my historical views of what things are worth. That being said I am glad that our cars in general are seeing more interest.

I like to play with the car’s at a factory finish level where possible and I do it not worried about winning trophies either... I would certainly purchase NOS where possible, regardless of the cost if it was worth it to me. Everyone does their own thing and I  am fine with that. 

I have a few NOS parts laying around and they seem to be worth quite a bit.  I have a NOS set of four wheel opening moldings that I am considering selling and just buying a repop set.  Will anyone share their  opinion on the repop wheel moldings?  It looks like the NOS ones go for about 85 each plus shipping!  I also have NOS chrome bumpers, std grille (listed on ebay already), rocker panel moldings, hood locks and a few other items (including front disc brake hoses).  As everyone here knows, it is not cheap even when using repops but if i can sell some of these items and get quality repops, why not?  I was happy with the rear bumper i got for my Mach (lighter gage but my old one was dented....not by me).
How much for the hood locks?

kcmash

Back