Plating Small Parts at Home

Has anyone tried a plating kit like the Eastwood Tin Zinc electroplating kit?  I am looking for an option for sprucing up my door strikers, trunk stricker, etc.  Has anyone tried it and did it work, how big of parts were you able to do, i.e. would it work on things like the trunk latch, door latches, etc.

spacer.png
1931 Ford Model A Station Wagon
1969 Mach 1 - 351C, TKO-600, 4WDB, R&P, A/C, Shaker, Fold Down, etc.
1972 Mach 1 - 351C, FMX, PDB, PS, A/C, Fold Down, Console
1996 Mustang Cobra Convertible - 10psi Procharger, 436rwhp

When I was growing up my Dad would contract with hospitals for there Xray bath solutions. He paid a little to nothing for 5 gallon cans of it. I was 10 years old and would follow him into the hospital and help carry out the buckets. They weighed as much as me....at least it felt like it. That was 52 years ago ;-)

He would then take them to our basement and electroplate them onto I think copper plating. I remember there being a positive and negative polarity that would pull the particulate from the bath. 

He then went into plating children's or infants shoes for the fire place mantle of customers.  I remember how nice and shinny they were after buffing.

My Dad wasn't a brilliant man so.......... I believe the process is easy for anyone to do it. Good luck sir :-)

• Like 1