Missing Instrument Panel Brace

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 w/408C stroker
I just realized that my car is missing the instrument panel brace on the center-passenger side. As I am installing the new A/C I realized this. So far it has been without it probably for many years. I guess it will prevent the panel from vibrating too much, but I have not had issues without it. Any idea where can I find one? It is the brace circled and marked as "04672" in the schematic below.

Instrument panel.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized that my car is missing the instrument panel brace on the center-passenger side. As I am installing the new A/C I realized this. So far it has been without it probably for many years. I guess it will prevent the panel from vibrating too much, but I have not had issues without it. Any idea where can I find one? It is the brace circled and marked as "04672" in the schematic below.

View attachment 47393
Do you by chance have any pictures of it installed? I don’t have one either!

Do you by chance have any pictures of it installed? I don’t have one either!
I copied this from mach71351c 's thread. His pic shows the brace attached to the inner bottom part of the cowl. The other end attaches to the inside lower lip of the dash. Hope that helps you out Trevynd.

dash brace.JPG

Sorry. Here is a terrible picture. You can only see where the bracket connects with the dash. The picture that @rio1856 posted shows the other end. I have a bunch of wires and the new A/C in that area so I couldn't get a better picture.

20210126_223210.jpg

Back