Coolant recovery tank- looking for pictures.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And me too.  Not a good pic.  The recovery unit is just in the bottom right corner.  Had to make a couple of brackets to keep it vertical but used existing holes in the rad support panel.   Overflow tube comes through a hole down the bottom and drain sits below the stone guard underneath.  Can't see it from outside so no visual intrusion.  

Happy daze.

q Completed engine bay..JPG

I took one off the 73 vert I bought. If figured out what the heating issue was and fixed that so did not need it. I would put my money on a fix for the heat issue not a bandage to catch the coolant when it overheats. New cars have them because they do not have a radiator cap so that is where you check coolant levels and add.

I did it because I like the idea of it not spilling coolant on the ground should it get too warm. Not that it ever happens, but just preventative. Plus if I do ever take it to the drag strip they require an overflow so you dont puke coolant on the track. So simple enough and doesnt bother me having it. 

I can't remember, but I might have had to move the washer fluid tank to make it fit. 

DSC_3079.jpg

DSC_3077(1).jpg

DSC_3078.jpg

Our car's never had, but there was an over the counter Ford unit that could be purchased back in the 70's. You see them rarely.. on the auction sites...

Here is mine located between the A/C hoses and the apron ahead of the wiper fluid. I spent a lot of time searching for a tank that will fit there. I will need to go through my emails to figure out which tank i bought.

20210103_120132.jpg

20210103_120159.jpg

Here is mine located between the A/C hoses and the apron ahead of the wiper fluid. I spent a lot of time searching for a tank that will fit there. I will need to go through my emails to figure out which tank i bought.
In case anyone is interested, I used Dorman's #603-506 tank.

Back