Silver/Argent paint code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for the paint code for the Mach 1 silver body accent color.

Is this correct?

PPG code 32520 - silver gray
Here is a copy of the 1971 PPG Ford paint codes that includes Mustang. It is a bit foggy to be sure, but I think you're right. It just lists as Accent Paint Stripes. light silver poly 32520. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

View attachment 71 PPG colour chart.pdf

Well Hemi beat me too it. Correct then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all!

Will inform bodyshop tomorrow. Have no clue and will no longer speculate as to when the Mach 1 will be painted.
 Give them a deadline! like end of March, 'cause you want to drive it this year!!!!! If not find another paint shop. Don't be held hostage if that's what's going on. Yeah I know easy to say.

Don't know how close you are trying to go with the paint. The outside of the inner fenders and behind front wheel got primer and the some over spray from the car color was never painted black. The cap on the shock tower was slop gray. On my yellow vert the painter on the RH side put lots of body color under the fender the drivers side had a little. Car has not been repainted all fasteners are clean of paint also.

Ok, just got a call from the bodyshop.

The silver paint he now has on hand per the paint code is quite a bit "darker" than the silver Mach 1 graphics.

I told him that I doubted they would be a close match. But he'd rather I come down to the shop to look at a test spray to verify. He said if we didn't like the color difference (paint/graphics), he would get the graphic scanned to get a closer match.

How different or close in color match were the Mach 1 graphics compared to the silver paint?

Thanks all!

Don't recall who we ordered the Mach 1 decals from, but it is not a good match. The silver of the decals is lighter. We could look through our receipts and order again from  a different source. But we are not. We went with the painters recommendation and match the paint TO the decal.

Back