• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rear Body / Tail Light Wiring harness for 72 Sportsroof

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1971 Ranchero
I'm interested in either a repop or very good condition OEM tail light harness.  Wasn't there someone on the board that made repops?  

Thanks,

BT

Thanks Don, I'll check in with Midlife.  

Mustang Guru, I don't know if there's a difference, I just noted mine's a sportsroof incase there was.

Hello basstrix,

To my knowledge, no one is reproducing the tail light wire harness at this time. Hopefully, one day the repo parts vendors will realize Ford did build Mustangs after 1970. Meanwhile, we wait. The tail light harness was not body style specific. As far as a service part, Ford considered them slow movers and was discontinued by 1979.
Midlife is the only one I would trust with my wire harness. Midlife is a site member, supporter, vendor and knows these cars well as anyone! As Don C suggested, I would contact him and see what solution may be available. And...72MustangSprint does have a parts car!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If Midlife or 72 Mustang Sprint don't have one, let me know (they get first dibs).  I should have some out back.  71/72 are the same, 73s are a little different (fuel sender wire on the 73 is part of the harness, 71/72 has a plug into the harness). 

IMG_9521.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am extremely short on 71/72 tail light harnesses, and I don't have a single fuel extender in stock.  I can cobble the fuel extender from a 73, though.

I got some stuff.  I can’t locate the spare taillight harness now, but I have the fuel extender in good shape.

$50, 000 or best offer.  I believe this is the one from Elvis’s Boss.

kcmash

image.jpg

I got some stuff.  I can’t locate the spare taillight harness now, but I have the fuel extender in good shape.

$50, 000 or best offer.  I believe this is the one from Elvis’s Boss.

kcmash

View attachment 48078
I'll take a close look at mine this weekend and let you know if I want it.  I am pretty sure this portion of mine is fine...all of it was working when I started replacing sheet metal but there are some sockets that have been replaced and a few of those blue wire taps in the mix that I'd like to eliminate.

I think Midlife has dried up in the dry south west. He does not know how to live without 99% humidity and at least two floods from hurricanes a year.
Hope he is out there. I for sure do not know anything about wiring, lol.
lol

It may be dry here, and I'm having a devil of a time finding premium liquors.  Evey grocery store and pharmacy has their own liquor aisles, but what's there is the typical stuff, not the unusual.  There's only one decent store devoted solely to liquor here in town, and even he has to order my brand of rye whiskey. 

And, it actually rained today!  About 0.3 inches, and everyone is going crazy...sorta like it is snowing in the South...no one knows what to do!

A word of caution about those occasional rain storms, when it's dry for weeks or months the streets get coated with tire rubber and oil. The first rain storm in a while, especially just a tenth or two, makes the streets as slippery as ice.

It may be dry here, and I'm having a devil of a time finding premium liquors.  Evey grocery store and pharmacy has their own liquor aisles, but what's there is the typical stuff, not the unusual.  There's only one decent store devoted solely to liquor here in town, and even he has to order my brand of rye whiskey. 

And, it actually rained today!  About 0.3 inches, and everyone is going crazy...sorta like it is snowing in the South...no one knows what to do!
You got at least 10x more than up hear near phoenix!

Yeah, when it is slick, it's easy to lay some rubber down!

The wife threw out all the flamingos during the divorce, so no AZ flamingos.

Back