Mach 1 upholstery

For Christmas I got a set of Distinctive Mach 1 seat upholstery for my car.  My seats are standard design.  Will Mach 1 coverts fit or do I need to return and buy standard upholstery?

Thanks, Bob

Pretty sure the seat frames are the same. Just need the chrome rectangle buttons for the back. Pic of 1973 Mach 1 original seats.
What did the do for the inserts that are comfort weave on the originals?

DSC_0946.JPG

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

didn't understand question about the weave?

here's a few pics of mine

IMG_0778.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG

I thought your new covers were Mach 1 Sports Interior Option which is like the ginger ones I have in picture. The center inserts in the covers are comfort weave material. Very difficult to find the right material for them.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

new ones are the sport interior (from Distinctive Industries), black with red insert.  I haven't unboxed them yet.  I was afraid the seat frames or padding might be different.  I have a golfing friend that owns a upholstery shop and he's offered to put them on for me.

I guess I better start looking for the inserts.  No repro made?

This just caught my eye. The 71-73 back buttons are listed in NPD's catalog #64824-5A (2019 edition) @ $15.95 each. If it were me doing these, I'd definitely buy new foam and listing rods. Seat foams are listed as #SF-S213 and listing rods 65446-5B @ $ 29.95. Again this the 2019 catalog, prices have likely jumped. Go on line and check www.npdlink.com. They have just about everything you'll need.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

here's link to seats I have.  is the NPD 64824-5A right or is the 64284-6A?

2 hours ago, rjpohl said:

You want the 6A for a Mach 1.  Also as Stanglover mentioned it is well worth the money to get new seat foam. 

20190803_103750.jpg

20190814_155946.jpg

20190803_160656.jpg

Edited by Kilgon

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

4 hours ago, rjpohl said:

Sorry, my bad eyesight. it's 64824-6A  not 5A. Again that's the number in my only and latest copy of NPD 2019 catalog. Yeah, I know I need to order a new one! 

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

14 hours ago, Stanglover said:

Sorry, my bad eyesight. it's 64824-6A  not 5A. Again that's the number in my only and latest copy of NPD 2019 catalog. Yeah, I know I need to order a new one! 

BUTTON SET, SEAT BACK, MACH 1 - #64824-6A - National Parts Depot (npdlink.com)

Kilgon

got the seat back buttons on order.  Opened box to look at seat covers, very nice, pleased with how heavy they feel.  Now I need to pull old ones off and see if my padding needs to be replaced.  Here's couple pics of mine.

thanks

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0868.JPG

Very nice looking.  Make sure that your friend or who ever puts them on takes their time and does it right.  The bottoms aren't to bad but the backs are a bear. I would still advise you to get the new foam.  If your seats are original you are taking a big chance that the foam will not hold up when the new covers are put on.   Also, what part a Kentucky are you in?

Kilgon

After fifty years, you need new foam. I didn't replace mine and regret it. 

For the backs, you can slip a garbage bag over the frame, the slip the cover over the bag and then rip the bag out. Makes it slide over the foam much easier. 

Kilgon, I'm just out side of Louisville, KY.

The previous owner was suppose to have changed seats about 10 years ago.  I'll have my friend pull covers off and look at the foam, if it's questionable I will replace them.  I want the seat to look good and be somewhat firm. 

attached a couple pics.

thanks for the help and guidance.

Bob

IMG_3420.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

43 minutes ago, rjpohl said:

Kilgon, I'm just out side of Louisville, KY.

The previous owner was suppose to have changed seats about 10 years ago.  I'll have my friend pull covers off and look at the foam, if it's questionable I will replace them.  I want the seat to look good and be somewhat firm. 

attached a couple pics.

thanks for the help and guidance.

Bob

IMG_3420.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

About 2 hours south of me.  Beautiful car.  I love the red / black combo.  Here is my 71 sportsroof with the same seat trim.

20200922_113759_resized (2).jpg

Edited by Kilgon

Kilgon