Hard to believe Ford published this ad! Oh the good ol' days.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geoff, as suggestive as some advertising can be, something as blatant as this would never have made it through the "Suits" at Ford. This one would have had as much chance of being approved in 1968 as it would have today. Zero! While in my teens and twenties' I did have a couple of A$$ H**e Bosses I could have nominated for this program!!
 Below is the actual '68 Ranchero advertisement. :classic_smile:

ranchero-68.jpg

Great detective work Secluff! 

I was skeptical, but it looks so authentic. Fake news indeed.

Hello Geoff,
Yeah, I thought it was funny too. Considering the world we live in now, where each day brings a new disaster or calamity, a few laughs don't hurt. I remember women's underwear commercials on TV in the late '60s early '70s where they had to wear them over their clothes. Now nothing is left to the imagination.
Ford was and still is pretty strict on advertising guidelines. (Especially during today's politically correct climate) Ford had a dealer guide book we had to use that even specified how we could and couldn't use the Ford oval in our advertising. After all, you were representing the "Mother ship"!  :biggrin:

Hello Geoff,
Yeah, I thought it was funny too. Considering the world we live in now, where each day brings a new disaster or calamity, a few laughs don't hurt. I remember women's underwear commercials on TV in the late '60s early '70s where they had to wear them over their clothes. Now nothing is left to the imagination.
Ford was and still is pretty strict on advertising guidelines. (Especially during today's politically correct climate) Ford had a dealer guide book we had to use that even specified how we could and couldn't use the Ford oval in our advertising. After all, you were representing the "Mother ship"!  :biggrin:
 Well I really didn't fall for it, just played along for some fun. Now if that was a British ad, I could have been more inclined to believe it. Some of the ads on TV even now are pretty raunchy. My wife gets a huge chuckle out of some of them when we're over the pond.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted!

Back