Wimbledon White? Creamy?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an original white Vert and when compared to my wife's new white CRV in garage it does appear  'yellow.'  course the lighting in garage is LED. I think another assessment would be needed in the sunlight. Just my opinion. 

Edit: Your creamy description would be better than yellow. 

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, its more creamy than traditional white. I'll be repainting mine at some point and I'll being going for the original wimbledon white, the respray that's on the car in my profile pic is a little on the "full fat" milk creamy side, but I'd hope the original was more low fat/semi-skimmed" variety....

Wimbledon white is definitely not a bright white, but is creamy. You can see the difference in this color sheet. By memory it's even a little more creamy than shown here.
e9e2a61e39204bcd26669e762148aabb.jpg

I had the same reaction when I painted my car. I was sure it was the wrong color. The clear coat made it look more white. Chuck

it does look right, on the doors in particular, but very difficult to be definitive due to the bright exterior sunlight in the pics

For sure the Wimbledon white is not a pure white. If I remember correct they even put black in the mix. Has been my experience with adding clear coat it makes the pure white yellow looking. Digital pics are also deceiving. The color in digital pics is subject to what the computer in the camera sees and then what my computer sees when I view. A real photograph is exactly what was there. Wish I had my Kodachrome again, use to spend hours in dark room.
I would go back to the place you got the paint and have them make sure they mixed correct. The other question I would have is do you have good clean dry air supply? If you do not have an air dryer and a desiccant filter. You can make a water separator pretty easily. You buy a coil of copper tubing and get you a container to run the coil in with a small bleed valve in the bottom that you allow to bubble all the time. Air in the bottom out the top. Fill the bucket with cold water and ice. If you have dirty wet air it can blush the paint and look entirely wrong. You are also outside with no control of temp or humidity. I would be arrested where I live if I painted outside. EPA would make us take the soil up and burn it. So a couple things to check.
Wimbledon White was more a a shift to gray not yellow.

The other question I would have is do you have good clean dry air supply?
Wimbledon White was more a a shift to gray not yellow.
I have a Tsunami commercial filtration and desiccant system.  So it is a pretty decent air supply.  I do realize I am pushing my luck painting in my driveway—I am keeping the projects small and quick...and time them when the witch that lives next door is out of town for the weekend.  

I also thought Wimbledon White shifted to gray, but the pictures I keep pulling up show a yellow hue.  I would be elated with a gray shift.

It is more on the creamy side.  Chrysler uses a very similar shade of white on its more recent vehicles. 

I really like the Wimbeldon White, over a brighter white. I think it's classier....sort of a color you might see on expensive Pebble Beach cars, as opposed to an inexpensive import car white. It has a "surfboard white' kind of hue.

Your car looks like it is coming along nicely.   You probably know this already but here a reminder that the rear underside of the hood near where the wipers disappear is painted black on lighter color cars.  I have a pic somewhere from my original paint car that I'll post if I can find it.

Late to the conversation here, but, was looking for a picture of my car in WW that shows what I refer to as the 'ivory' tone. Wast most noticeable in this picture as the car is in the shade.

IMG-20150811-00642.jpg

Back