Jump to content

What is this?

Recommended Posts

I found this clip inside one of the doors for my ‘72.  It is a little larger than a quarter.  What is it for?  I am guessing the latch, but not sure where it would go there.


1931 Ford Model A Station Wagon
1969 Mach 1 - 351C, TKO-600, 4WDB, R&P, A/C, Shaker, Fold Down, etc.
1972 Mach 1 - 351C, FMX, PDB, PS, A/C, Fold Down, Console
1996 Mustang Cobra Convertible - 10psi Procharger, 436rwhp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Part of the door window metal shaft thingy.  If I remember sort of a spacer that goes around the metal shaft that pushes the window up.



  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hemikiller said:

Anti rattle clip for the window guide rod. There are two per door. 



That is what I said........sort of lol.

Edited by jscott
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you clean up all the window tracks, guides and wheels I think the Lucas Red N Tacky #2 is much better choice for either power windows or manual. Will be as smooth as glass. You can get in tubes, plastic tube and also aerosol. I use it all over the cars. https://lucasoil.com.au/products/grease/red-n-tacky-grease


  • Like 2

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...