Trip meter button install on repop lens

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
429CJ, 4 Speed, 3.25 Traction Lock N case, A/C, P/W, tilt, fold down seats, int. wipers, deluxe interior.
Hey guys! 
So I tackled a project this morning and was taking some video explaining what I was doing to someone and they suggested I make a video! 
so here we go! 

ACP # FM-BI009 lens 

hope this helps you guys. 

Good video.  I could be wrong but I think it has only been in the past year or so that they started making a reproduction with the trip reset button.  Cost is about twice as much as the one without. Be a lot cheaper to buy the one without and do it your way if you have the tools and time.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Good video.  I could be wrong but I think it has only been in the past year or so that they started making a reproduction with the trip reset button.  Cost is about twice as much as the one without. Be a lot cheaper to buy the one without and do it your way if you have the tools and time.  
Yeah! This project came with that lens and since it had that marked out section I figured it was worth a try. 
worst case I just buy the other style. I was noticing my gauge cluster only says 4000 miles. Makes me wonder what the story is haha! But hey it’s a tach cluster with a trip meter so that’s cool!

Thanks for the great video.  It gave me the confidence to try it.  I bought my non button lens years ago and they did not put the outline on them.

I see your trip numbers are falling off like mine.  Have you thought about getting new numbers?  I see RCC does that.  It would be nice if I could buy numbered tape to glue on myself.

I have my panel tore apart now and thinking of changing my odometer to 2000 cause that about how many miles are on the engine.  Probably a felony.  Probably 200000+ on the car.

Thanks for the great video.  It gave me the confidence to try it.  I bought my non button lens years ago and they did not put the outline on them.

I see your trip numbers are falling off like mine.  Have you thought about getting new numbers?  I see RCC does that.  It would be nice if I could buy numbered tape to glue on myself.

I have my panel tore apart now and thinking of changing my odometer to 2000 cause that about how many miles are on the engine.  Probably a felony.  Probably 200000+ on the car.
Funny you say that I noticed my numbers were worn but i wasn’t too worried about it to be honest 

I can see them enough and plus I won’t be going far with a big block anyways haha! I’ll just make sure to top off every time I see a gas station 

Back