Driveshaft Color Coding

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPWally

Reaction score
My Car
1969 Grande'
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1972 Sprint Fastback
Hello Colleagues.

I would like to detail the drive shaft on my 1973 Mach 1. It came from the factory with the 351C 2V/C6 power-train and a 2.75 rear gear.  I do not have the build-sheet for the car. I would like to add the color code stripes to the driveshaft. I have determined the locations of the 4 stripes from the unrusted bands,  but cannot make out the colors, however.

Does anyone have the colors from their similar car they can share or perhaps direct me to where I may find  the proper colors? Much appreciated......

I no longer have the car... but this was the original driveshaft for my 73 vert, 351C 2V (H Code) with a C-6 tans and 2:75 open rear.

73 vert original drive shaft paint marks.jpg

73 vert original drive shaft paint marks2.jpg

73 vert original drive shaft paint marks4.jpg

Vert  --- Much appreciated !  Can you confirm the colors ---- looks like (front-to-rear) orange/white/red/tan ? Where does your tape measure start?

Regards,  JPW

Vert  --- Much appreciated !  Can you confirm the colors ---- looks like (front-to-rear) orange/white/red/tan ? Where does your tape measure start?

Regards,  JPW
As I recall... Lavender, red, white and orange See additional pic. for start point f the tape measure. Have fun...

1973 vert driveshaft paint daubs8.jpg

Thanks again -------wish I had that nice driveshaft of yours  ----- mine is eerily pitted .... but with your help, it will be reborn.....

JPW

Back