Jump to content

Deluxe Interior Door Panels & Interior Quarter Question


Recommended Posts

Hey Y’all,

Is there any way to repair the vinyl on the door panels?  It’s cracked and as we know, tough to find anything original.  One is pretty badly damaged while the other isn’t too bad.

Secondly, as you can see I have a black interior quarter panel while the car is actually a medium blue interior.  Any recommendations for painting?  I’ve used the AccuMatch interior spray paint on a few smaller items to freshen them up (seat hinge covers, etc) but that maybe doesn’t seem the way to go on something sizable?

Very much out of my league on the interior....

Thanks,

Sean

 

 

 

 

 

3BEF444C-660A-4A8A-B1E5-E32ABBF4CD77.jpeg

09F2DB00-993D-4BF3-8010-90EFFBF4EDB0.jpeg

F10C500D-CC14-403D-B0A5-9A9C4C5986BF.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can pay someone to vinyl wrap them. What I did was sand the area down for prep and added a few layers of  Jb Weld and then sand it until it’s smooth. Then ordered paint from cjpony that matched and painted it. Looks good as new imo. 

51912AB9-F732-4AF4-AA42-497A9F537334.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 73FastBk said:

You can pay someone to vinyl wrap them. What I did was sand the area down for prep and added a few layers of  Jb Weld and then sand it until it’s smooth. Then ordered paint from cjpony that matched and painted it. Looks good as new imo. 

51912AB9-F732-4AF4-AA42-497A9F537334.jpeg

 

946A7DC3-13F7-412F-B95B-C9197B38D9EE.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a nice looking repair job! To the OP, I've found that the SEM paints seem to be a good color match. It was anyway, for the white interior that I have. You may want to use their vinyl prep before painting.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I get my paint from NPD and for hard ABS plastic i use the lacquer. You do need to give really good scrubbing with dawn dish washing and hot water then lacquer thinner. When you start spraying if you get fish eyes stop and clean more. two light even coats so you don't fill up the texture. I did these recently and the color match was perfect for the ginger I was doing.
On finding door panels keep an eye out for crashed mustangs on the insurance yards. I got perfect Ginger interior that way.
Part of that panel that is behind the seat was not sprayed and you can see matches perfect.
There is a place in California I think that will rebuild door panels and dashes forget their name. Very expensive.

20200703_185013.jpg

20200703_185130.jpg

20200703_185222.jpg

20200703_185234.jpg

  • Like 1

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs said:

I get my paint from NPD and for hard ABS plastic i use the lacquer. You do need to give really good scrubbing with dawn dish washing and hot water then lacquer thinner. When you start spraying if you get fish eyes stop and clean more. two light even coats so you don't fill up the texture. I did these recently and the color match was perfect for the ginger I was doing.
On finding door panels keep an eye out for crashed mustangs on the insurance yards. I got perfect Ginger interior that way.
Part of that panel that is behind the seat was not sprayed and you can see matches perfect.
There is a place in California I think that will rebuild door panels and dashes forget their name. Very expensive.

20200703_185013.jpg

20200703_185130.jpg

20200703_185222.jpg

20200703_185234.jpg

Ya I did the same for mine too. Turned out great !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 73FastBk said:

You can pay someone to vinyl wrap them. What I did was sand the area down for prep and added a few layers of  Jb Weld and then sand it until it’s smooth. Then ordered paint from cjpony that matched and painted it. Looks good as new imo. 

51912AB9-F732-4AF4-AA42-497A9F537334.jpeg

Thanks for this, I think I can handle that repair.  This is just a straight JB Weld Epoxy that you're applying?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs said:

I get my paint from NPD and for hard ABS plastic i use the lacquer. You do need to give really good scrubbing with dawn dish washing and hot water then lacquer thinner. When you start spraying if you get fish eyes stop and clean more. two light even coats so you don't fill up the texture. I did these recently and the color match was perfect for the ginger I was doing.
On finding door panels keep an eye out for crashed mustangs on the insurance yards. I got perfect Ginger interior that way.
Part of that panel that is behind the seat was not sprayed and you can see matches perfect.
There is a place in California I think that will rebuild door panels and dashes forget their name. Very expensive.

20200703_185013.jpg

20200703_185130.jpg

20200703_185222.jpg

20200703_185234.jpg

Beautiful work, thank you for the info Sir!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 8:11 PM, stickler.sean@gmail.com said:

Thanks for this, I think I can handle that repair.  This is just a straight JB Weld Epoxy that you're applying?

Yes I used a sander with 100 grit to sand off any bubbling or high spots. After I Added 2-4 coats of jb weld. Sanded with 200 then 400. That was it. Fairly easy tbh 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...