Do you guys think this would fit under a ram air hood?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uhmm... It looks beautiful but I don't think it will fit without some modifications. It will be nice to know how tall is it. You can gain 1/2" to 1" by modifying the RAM air plenum and going to a smaller plenum gasket. My basis is that I have a Blue Thunder with a 1/4" spacer and barely fits with a modified plenum. This one looks taller that the BT.

I don't think it will fit under any stock hood. My Shelby (Blue Thunder) with a 1/2" spacer and 2-5/8" Air Cleaner barely fits under a flat hood. This one has to be at least 2" taller. It must be designed for a Clevor, it says it's for a 9.50 deck height Windsor running CHI 3V heads. Clevelands have a 9.206" deck.

Tony,

How much higher is your intake from a stock intake....  It would help if I could compare the height to my intake

Hello, It wont fit as is. Also the pad has no angle. I had a guy in melbourne fl. mill mine with a 3 degree angle. It was either 3/4" or 7/8" cut at the front. Fits under NACA hood with a 2" air cleaner. Cleveland block 71 style mounts. I believe CHI now has a lower pad option. Also make sure you get the right combination. The 208 intake will only fit the 208 heads for instance.

Tony,

How does the manifold fit?  I have a ram air set up.  I guess I may need to lose it......

Back