Door Handles on eBay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
31 Model A Station Wagon “Woody”
69 Mach 1 - 351C
72 Mach 1 - 351C
96 Cobra Convertible
I saw these door handles on eBay, they are listed for a Lincoln, but they do mention fitting a ‘73 Mustang.  Odd to me that they don’t say they also fit a 71-72.  Does anyone have experience with these?  The price is outstanding, but...too good to be true?

88DA5BB0-9B7C-4E17-BB89-D3667B8B84EC.png

Probably will work but why not purchase from one of our supporters of the hobby, web site, etc. like Ohio Mustang.  Yes it is a couple of bucks more but you know you will be getting items that are indeed made for our cars.   And if there is a problem  you can work it out with OM, Ebay sellers who knows??

Ebay is a necessary evil to be used only when other venues fail IMO.

https://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=4

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably will work but why not purchase from one of our supporters of the hobby, web site, etc. like Ohio Mustang.  Yes it is a couple of bucks more but you know you will be getting items that are indeed made for our cars.   And if there is a problem  you can work it out with OM, Ebay sellers who knows??

Ebay is a necessary evil to be used only when other venues fail IMO.

https://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=4
I agree 1000%    Can't go wrong buying from Don!!   What's $4 ??   Atleast you know exactly what you get from Don at OMS. 

I agree. Bought mine from Don and am extremely happy with them.  Don seems to curate suppliers very well and tells it like it is with regard to their quality. 

It definitely can be counter-intuitive how prominent and slightly more complicated parts/assemblies like these are very reasonable and other things like a delete plate or something can be $200. I know it has more to do with scarcity and production run volume than manufacturing complexity but I do remember that the price of these were a happy surprise compared to, say, a deluxe interior door pull or whatever. 

for what it's worth, both my cars having super pitted handles. @180 the unit for OEM, it was 720 + shipping + 21% import to get these: simply too expensive.

So instead took a bet, I bought 2 pairs of the NPD repops for 80 thinking I could live with that loss if they would be crap. Well dunno if I was lucky (some reported poor fit, even be forced to modify the door metal) but not only they are perfect fit, same exact dimensions of the originals, the quality is excellent. Way beyond the quality I was expecting for this price.
The only thing that needed to be corrected was the rubber bumper behind the handle, 1/2 too thick, causing the handle to never reach the closed position flush to the rest of the handle cup. 
I'm the first to restore original parts because most repops are often of less quality, but in this case... really happy I bought them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back